GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agency - Where Do They Go?

+8
strachattack
Hoags
Riprock
spader
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
dennycrane
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

76Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:53 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, apparently Gonchar is on the block. No surprise there, he's 100 years old and someone like Garrison is every single bit as good (much better actually).

I want Garrison and Parenteau please. Please?

Done and done, old friend.

Happy Canada Day from the birthplace of SeawaySensFan, Alexandria, Ontario, CANADA.

I would love to get both...

Ahhhhh!

77Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:58 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

From Garrioch:

Sources say the Senators will not be presenting an offer at the Zach Parise show in Toronto today. #Sens #NHL

Well, that's disappointing.

78Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:00 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Because they have no chance to get him and Murray's smart enough not to waste time on that kind of thing. Same with Suter. You call his agent and say we're prepared to offer 7 X 7, please get back to us before 11AM so we can pursue other people.

79Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:03 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:From Garrioch:

Sources say the Senators will not be presenting an offer at the Zach Parise show in Toronto today. #Sens #NHL

Indeed. But as spezzd said, it's probably only the teams with a real shot at him who will be in Toronto. Hopefully they do make a pitch for suter.

80Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Excited! Ahhhhh!

81Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll be content with Garrison, everything else would be gravy. Or I guess Parenteau. One or the other please (or both)!

82Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:04 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Because they have no chance to get him and Murray's smart enough not to waste time on that kind of thing. Same with Suter. You call his agent and say we're prepared to offer 7 X 7, please get back to us before 11AM so we can pursue other people.

To me, this franchise has no greater organizational need than a top winger like Parise. Do your due diligence, or at least send a rep to do it for you.

83Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll be content with Garrison, everything else would be gravy. Or I guess Parenteau. One or the other please (or both)!

Oh, you mean the next Redden or Gomez anchor of a contract? Hope we stay far, far away from that one..

84Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Because they have no chance to get him and Murray's smart enough not to waste time on that kind of thing. Same with Suter. You call his agent and say we're prepared to offer 7 X 7, please get back to us before 11AM so we can pursue other people.

I also doubt that Parise signs today. These presentations probably go into tomorrow, so there's a chance if Parise camp shows interest in a Sens offer, murrays can make the trip tomorrow

85Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:From Garrioch:

Like I said, if one of our own Senators performed the way he did in the SCF, we would have no problem running him out of town. The only thing that worries me a little is having him land in PITT. Not having him in Ottawa for his price tag doesnèt bother me one bit.

We can practically get 2 good wingers (Parenteau, The Wizard, Latendresse...) and a Garrison for that price.

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

86Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

To me, this franchise has no greater organizational need than a top winger like Parise. Do your due diligence, or at least send a rep to do it for you.

I think they'll do what they have to do, but just not an in person presentation. Parise isn't dumb I assume, he knows what's what, he doesn't need a presentation.

This organization has a lot of work to do today. Two signings that will either help us next season, or....not so much, so to waste any time would be a problem. I agree, send someone like Dorion and make sure he gets back to HQ quick.

87Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:09 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'll be content with Garrison, everything else would be gravy. Or I guess Parenteau. One or the other please (or both)!

Oh, you mean the next Redden or Gomez anchor of a contract? Hope we stay far, far away from that one..

No, no, no. He's not like that. Although Gomez sucked out of nowhere, but Redden was fading fast when he signed with the Rangers. I tell you, at WORST Garrison is a 2nd pairing D-man who can play defense very well, but his cannon of a shot separates him from ever truly sucking.

88Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, apparently Gonchar is on the block. No surprise there, he's 100 years old and someone like Garrison is every single bit as good (much better actually).

I want Garrison and Parenteau please. Please?

But Garrison will want $5M plus term, whereas Gonchar is $5.5M this year and whatever you want the next. He'd make sense for a team with a young offensive D-man or a young Russian player, or a young Russian offensive D-man.

89Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:

This franchise was 4th in the league in scoring, but near the bottom in goals given up. The greatest need is to improve their play in their own end.

90Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

No, no, no. He's not like that. Although Gomez sucked out of nowhere, but Redden was fading fast when he signed with the Rangers. I tell you, at WORST Garrison is a 2nd pairing D-man who can play defense very well, but his cannon of a shot separates him from ever truly sucking.

Souray had a cannon of a shot. Shoulder injuries can really hurt someone's shooting ability. Heatley is another one.

91Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:43 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Someone is going to make a big mistake with Garrison, and I really hope it's not us. Guy had basically 3 months of good play, and then faded huge in the 2nd half. At $4 mil per, 2 years? Sure. At $5 mil per for 5 years? Go F yourself.

92Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:47 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

This franchise was 4th in the league in scoring, but near the bottom in goals given up. The greatest need is to improve their play in their own end.

When Alfie retires this year or next, our only legitimate top 6ers will be Spezza and Michalek. You can make a case for Turris belonging there too, but he's not exactly a proven commodity yet. After that, we have a bunch of tweeners and rookies.

We need a top 3 winger to help replace Alfie's production and leadership, and to give us ONE legitimate top line. I do not want the long term health of this organization, production and leadership wise, to fall on Spezza's shoulders. At all.

Don't quote stats on this one. This is much more rudimentary and foundational than that. You can't quantify what Alfie brings, and that's what we need to start looking to replace.

93Free Agency - Where Do They Go? - Page 6 Empty Re: Free Agency - Where Do They Go? Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Someone is going to make a big mistake with Garrison, and I really hope it's not us. Guy had basically 3 months of good play, and then faded huge in the 2nd half. At $4 mil per, 2 years? Sure. At $5 mil per for 5 years? Go F yourself.

The thing is: even when he cooled down in the 2nd half, he was still excellent positionally and in his own zone. It's not like Wideman where if he busts offensively, you can't count on him defensively. I think this type of 'hybrid' is coveted by a lot of teams, including Ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum