GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
Amnesia021
Number Twenty Nine
DirtyDave
sens4win
22_4_ever
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
NEELY
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Trade gossip from around the league:

http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2012/06/19/trade-talk-pot-is-boiling/

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Me! Me! I need trade gossip.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Patrick Kane on the block? Hmm, I like him a whole bunch.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/215186919724822528

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Teams want to get rid of some big contracts it seems.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would prefer Ryan to Nash I think. Hard to say I guess...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Would prefer Ryan to Nash I think. Hard to say I guess...

Ryan may cost more.

You also have to wonder why the Ducks would trade him, character issues ?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Patrick Kane on the block? Hmm, I like him a whole bunch.

You guys hate Heatley? Well Kane is worse. You want a player that's on tabloids every other month?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Kane is an utter douche bag. New Roenick.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Too bad he's such a character, because he's damn good.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Perfect if Ryan is available - that means the Rangers or Leafs will go after him instead of Nash. American born. Or maybe Philly swaps JVR? If San Jose is looking for a Winger they can trade Pavelski, thought it means dealing with a division and state rival. It'd be like Toronto and Ottawa trading.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

So with the report that Ryan is available... and possibly Patrick Kane, Evander Kane & Paul Stasny -- just rumours I read.. perhaps some teams will turn away from the ridiculous return Columbus wants for Nash.

I'm sure Howsen is not happy to hear that... Maybe he just waits it out until these possibly 4 players are dealt with and starts the Nash discussion later?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Kane is an utter douche bag. New Roenick.

Roenick was a character. I actually didn't mind him. He never beat up a cabbie and I doubt that, as a 24-year-old, he showed up at a frat party srunk out of his mind trolling for young sorority students (I'd be less inclined to be judgmental if he was actually a student).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Evander Kane is a player the Leafs would like. I could see a deal for him, involving Schenn possibly (a prairie boy).

I can see Bobby Ryan going to the Rangers as I said, or in the unlikely scenario, going to San Jose for Pavelski. But it looks like the Ducks want quantity, not quality.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Rumour that Columbus might want Jon Bernier - so if Ottawa can swing a deal for Nash that incl.'s their 15th overall, Columbus could package #15 + Bishop (acquired via OTT for Nash) for Bernier + LA's 1st.

LA moves up 15 spots and gets a 25 year old, 6'7" goalie.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

If Ryan is also available, that just changed the landscape a lot, and in OTT's favour. Play one team/offer of another, bring the price down on whichever you buy. If CLB is unreasonable, fine, turn to ANA. Either is a fit. Ryan might be easier to get in the sense that ANA is probably not looking for a goalie.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Rumour that Columbus might want Jon Bernier - so if Ottawa can swing a deal for Nash that incl.'s their 15th overall, Columbus could package #15 + Bishop (acquired via OTT for Nash) for Bernier + LA's 1st.

LA moves up 15 spots and gets a 25 year old, 6'7" goalie.

So Columbus would effectively get Bernier + LA's 1st + probably two of ZBad/Puempel/Foligno/whoever for Nash. That would be a sweet haul if Howson could pull it off.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It seems that some of the potential landing spots for Nash are also interested in Parise...so the whole Nash thing may wait until after July 1st. But I really hope it goes down at the draft. I'm hoping for some kind of bonanza.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum