GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NY Giants win Super Bowl XLVI, beat Pats 21-17!

+4
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
shabbs
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

G-MEN!!!! Wow. What a game. Crazy finish. Giants come from behind with a last minute drive, then a hail mary play by Brady that came close as time ran out... unbelievable. Eli triumphs over Brady, again, winning his 2nd Super Bowl (and MVP) in 4 years. Awesome. Final score: 21-17 for the Giants.

NY Giants win Super Bowl XLVI, beat Pats 21-17! Supe1r_81225

Lotta Eli haters out there... but you gotta give him credit, he delivers when it counts and find his receivers when it seems next to impossible. The catch by Manningham on that last drive was out of this world. He's got some amazing WR's out there in Cruz, Nicks and Manningham. Hopefully they're with the Giants for a long time.

G-MEN!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe I was just bitter from Saturday night, but this was one of the most boring Superbowls I've ever watched despite being a close game. It was basically a chess match, with zero big plays, and a bunch of short passes.

I also found the decision by the Pats to let the Giants score a TD with one minute left to be odd. At that point, the Pats had only one timeout remaining, and would've needed to score a TD of their own to win. If I'm coaching the Pats, I'd rather try to make a goalline stand and then put all the pressure on the Giants FG-kicker, and/or potentially block the FG.

And then Bradshaw trying to take a knee on the one-yard line, but falling into the endzone instead…all very strange.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, you always want to see big plays and huge bombs... those were certainly missing. People were saying this was better than the Giants' victory 4 years ago, and I say hell no, that game 4 years ago was unbelievable. That Tyree catch is immortal.

It was a strange start to the game with Brady giving up a safety on his first play and the Pats taking a 1 point lead into the half.

That play by Bradshaw was weird. I understand the strategy, to control the clock like that when the Pats were out of timeouts. But every instinct in him is to run it in. I think he was surprised it was an easy run in. Pats really should have let the Giants score even earlier if they were going to gamble like that. Had Brady had more time to work with, who knows.

Eli now has more Super Bowl rings than his big bro Peyton.

Hopefully we see Peyton back in action next season. The game misses him for sure.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The whole game was about who would get the ball last. That's what you get when you have two QBs who have the confidence that they can win games in the last minute of a foozeball match.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I liked that game. I like the Patriots but that was a very good Superbowl not sure where was the boring part.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I find Brady annoying and I don't even follow football so I'm glad the Giants won. Cheering

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There was a game? Whatever.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I hate the giants.....and eli manning. But props to him and his team they keep finding ways to win against all odds.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

And the best commercial goes to....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum