GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boycott SunWing Airlines

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Boycott SunWing Airlines - Page 2 Empty Re: Boycott SunWing Airlines Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:First Tim Thomas boycotts the white house visit, then Ovechkin boycotts the All-Star Game.....and now THIS!

dominoes

One might argue Swirlominoes perhaps? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

17Boycott SunWing Airlines - Page 2 Empty Re: Boycott SunWing Airlines Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I'll be going to Cancun Mayan Riviera in March for my bro's wedding, hope there's no problems.

18Boycott SunWing Airlines - Page 2 Empty Re: Boycott SunWing Airlines Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

there can always be montezuma's revenge! Ahhhhh!

19Boycott SunWing Airlines - Page 2 Empty Re: Boycott SunWing Airlines Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:We took a trip to the Riviera Maya last March break using SunWing vacation. SunWing owns their own airplanes (although they certainly may charter if they don't have the capacity, or they could even charter their planes out to another carrier if they have too much capacity).

Was this a SunWing Vacation or just a SunWing plane?

In our case I couldn't be happier with SunWing. We ended up taking a direct flight from Ottawa to Cancun -- something you will rarely find with the bigger airlines; they served us a nice meal/drinks, they didn't charge us for the headphones like others do (although they did ask us to bring them back on the return trip (so as not to waste).

Sorry your experience was bad, but ours was quite the opposite. Nothing was lost, loading/unloading was prompt, no major delays (I think 20 minutes on leaving and we actually arrived back in Ottawa a bit ahead of schedule).

it was a Signature vacation but they are owned by SunWing. I'm more upset about the treatment we received than I am about the delays and the lost bag. SunWing makes Billions of dollars a year so I'm sure there are more smooth rides than there are bad ones but they should know when these things happen or things won't change.

uhm...no.....this is aviation....no one makes "billions" a year.

20Boycott SunWing Airlines - Page 2 Empty Re: Boycott SunWing Airlines Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:I used to fly a lot, and let
me tell you this is very minor. I can't remember the last time I had a flight that wasn't delayed. I've had delayed flights that were late by 6 hours. Coming back from Asia this summer they changed the date on us( one day later) and no one ever bothered to contact us. When my bags were transferred they USA they went thru them and left a border tag and gifts we had brought back for friends and kids were missing.
I took air transat to Paris and before boarding they made us change planes, once in the air they announced we had to turn around because the wheels weren't retracting inside of the plane. Once back at the airport they made us board the plane that was supposed to be faulty.

Moral of this story, don't take charters, avoid having to land in American soil and their cheapskate airlines (yes American air lines are the worst and cheapest to their customers).

If anything fly with major european carriers or from the middle east or large Asian carriers(like Singapore or JAL).
It's hell in the skies!!?

you returned to the air field, Air Transat removed the gear pins and you went on your way....and the mechanic that forgot the gear pins went on his way too I'm sure to find a new job.

21Boycott SunWing Airlines - Page 2 Empty Re: Boycott SunWing Airlines Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:We took a trip to the Riviera Maya last March break using SunWing vacation. SunWing owns their own airplanes (although they certainly may charter if they don't have the capacity, or they could even charter their planes out to another carrier if they have too much capacity).

In our case I couldn't be happier with SunWing. We ended up taking a direct flight from Ottawa to Cancun -- something you will rarely find with the bigger airlines; they served us a nice meal/drinks, they didn't charge us for the headphones like others do (although they did ask us to bring them back on the return trip (so as not to waste).

Sorry your experience was bad, but ours was quite the opposite. Nothing was lost, loading/unloading was prompt, no major delays (I think 20 minutes on leaving and we actually arrived back in Ottawa a bit ahead of schedule).

it was a Signature vacation but they are owned by SunWing. I'm more upset about the treatment we received than I am about the delays and the lost bag. SunWing makes Billions of dollars a year so I'm sure there are more smooth rides than there are bad ones but they should know when these things happen or things won't change.

They are not aviation. It's the Sun Wing Travel Group. But, no, they didn't make "billions". Their sales reached (or almost reached) $1B but surely not profits.

22Boycott SunWing Airlines - Page 2 Empty Re: Boycott SunWing Airlines Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

My bad. It was around 900 Million(As of 2009) and that is the SunWing travel group which includes Signature vacations, SellOffVacations.com and I'm not sure what else. http://www.thestar.com/travel/article/702494

23Boycott SunWing Airlines - Page 2 Empty Re: Boycott SunWing Airlines Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:44 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Heeheehee...all I have to say is http://first-world-problems.com/

But I get that delayed flights suck, trust me.

24Boycott SunWing Airlines - Page 2 Empty Re: Boycott SunWing Airlines Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I have yet to find an air company that haven't had delayed departure issues and then some.
And I've travelled a looot of miles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum