GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 NHL Draft

+24
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
sens4win
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SensGirl11
Amnesia021
tim1_2
sandysensfan
cash
shabbs
spader
Flo The Action
ddt
PTFlea
Hoags
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
stempniaksen
Ev
LeCaptain
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

1512012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:If it were Ottawa getting 1st overall pick year after year you'd all be fine with it lol. Don't lie - if the Sens sucked you'd want them getting the pick. When he Sens had the 5th overall pick Sens fans were pissed off about being screwed by the draft and lost their chance at RNH/Landeskog/Huberdeau/etc. then they draft Zibanejad and all of a sudden it's like we got the steal of the draft lol.

Need to relax a bit here fellow Sens fans.

Edmonton just was the wort team the past 3 seasons, plain and simple. They lucked out slightly moving up OBE spot this year in the draft. They still would have gotten a very good player. You can hate all you ant and say that they will continue to lose because they lack defence and goaltending, but can you really blame Tambelini for not setting the franchise back by trading for one? If the cost for a young franchise goalie like Schneider was Eberle, of course you can't blame him.

Fact is, they will get those players eventually. Edmonton is slowly becoming a place for FA's to play - lots of $$$ and young stars.

No they won't. Edmonton is a Dung of a city. No free agent will go there just because they have some flashy kids.

1522012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I feel strongly that Subban is a cancer.

No way. He's a strong team guy all the way since Belleville. His family is just full of characters.

I don't think I can take your word for that. What I see and hear is bad, bad, bad news for a young player with 'potential'. Bad.

what do you "see and hear". Enlighten me.

That he's a punk and that his teammates dislike him and that he can't even go through a month without getting into a fight....with his own teammates.
I agree but the fans love him ad that goes a long way in MTL. i do think beaulieu could be traded. the fans love him also but really haven't seen him much. they could buy it if it meant having the 1st overall. trust me. i can feel the mood here in MTL and they would go Dung to get that 1st.

1532012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Amnesia021

Rookie
Rookie

not sure if you've seen this yet, but pretty funny... ultimate disappointment Smile

1542012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dammit, I want to watch that but I don't have sound. Someone remind me tonight. Smile

1552012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:47 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Dammit, I want to watch that but I don't have sound. Someone remind me tonight. Smile

You don't really need sound to get the effect, the physical reactions are good enough. They're just yelling basically. I feel bad for them, that really sucks.

1562012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:47 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

That video is awesome! Laugh1

1572012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Dammit, I want to watch that but I don't have sound. Someone remind me tonight. Smile

You don't really need sound to get the effect, the physical reactions are good enough. They're just yelling basically. I feel bad for them, that really sucks.

Ouch....that hurt just watching it. Especially the big dork in the hat. Sad

1582012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

reminds me of Oilers fans

1592012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Riprock wrote:
Fact is, they will get those players eventually. Edmonton is slowly becoming a place for FA's to play - lots of $$$ and young stars.

What are you basing this on? The fact that they are no more competitive than they were three years ago? What FAs have they landed that make you think they are "becoming a place for FAs to play"?????

Big Ev wrote:
No they won't. Edmonton is a Dung of a city. No free agent will go there just because they have some flashy kids.

@mirtle Tambellini said Oilers getting more interest from free agents now they have stars like Hall and Eberle.

Sarcasm

1602012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Riprock wrote:

What are you basing this on? The fact that they are no more competitive than they were three years ago? What FAs have they landed that make you think they are "becoming a place for FAs to play"?????

Big Ev wrote:

@mirtle Tambellini said Oilers getting more interest from free agents now they have stars like Hall and Eberle.

Sarcasm

Yeah, where are they? Ryan Smyth and Eric Belanger. Oooooooooh big names!!!!!! Tambellini talking out his Donkey.

1612012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:25 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Riprock wrote:

Big Ev wrote:

Sarcasm

Is he selling swamp land too?

Until they actually land a big name I'm going with the assumption they need to build something from within.

1622012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Evan, who said "big names"?

And, this is something he just said - post-Smyth and Belanger. And actually, those are character signings. And Smyth wasn't a FA signing. Nice try though.

Hey NEELY, they are building from within - it's called drafting - but when they do that, you guys still Dung on them.

They've been trying to add big names from FA, remember Vanek? That didn't work out (probably best for them). They tried to get Heatley (probably best for us).

They've had bad PR from douchebag Pronger.

1632012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And back to drafting - they have the #1 pick and the #1 ranked guy isn't a defenceman or a goalie, so what do you expect them to do?

You guys seem to have all the answers, but if it was Ottawa, would you seriously say the same thing?

If Ottawa had the #1 pick and didn't take Yakupov this year, would you be upset? If they traded the pick to move down, would you be mad? Do you really expect a team to give up a young top 4 defenceman + top 10 pick for the #1 overall?

Imagine a team stacked at C getting the lotto pick in 2005 and not taking Crosby because it didn't solve a positional need lol.

1642012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:And back to drafting - they have the #1 pick and the #1 ranked guy isn't a defenceman or a goalie, so what do you expect them to do?

You guys seem to have all the answers, but if it was Ottawa, would you seriously say the same thing?

If Ottawa had the #1 pick and didn't take Yakupov this year, would you be upset? If they traded the pick to move down, would you be mad? Do you really expect a team to give up a young top 4 defenceman + top 10 pick for the #1 overall?

Imagine a team stacked at C getting the lotto pick in 2005 and not taking Crosby because it didn't solve a positional need lol.

Surely you're not comparing Yakupov to Crosby?

1652012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's the same concept - trading the #1 pick for the best player available instead of taking hm and worrying about other needs later some other way.

1662012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:And back to drafting - they have the #1 pick and the #1 ranked guy isn't a defenceman or a goalie, so what do you expect them to do?

I said the Oilers should draft Yakupov. But this draft is pretty weak.

1672012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:It's the same concept - trading the #1 pick for the best player available instead of taking hm and worrying about other needs later some other way.

What if your scouts don't consider the consensus #1 to be the best player available?

1682012 NHL Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:49 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:Evan, who said "big names"?

And, this is something he just said - post-Smyth and Belanger. And actually, those are character signings. And Smyth wasn't a FA signing. Nice try though.

Hey NEELY, they are building from within - it's called drafting - but when they do that, you guys still Dung on them.

They've been trying to add big names from FA, remember Vanek? That didn't work out (probably best for them). They tried to get Heatley (probably best for us).

They've had bad PR from douchebag Pronger.

They're drafting? It's pretty easy to draft 1st overall each year. If they trade this 1st round pick and get some real help (present and future) on the backend or in goal then I will buy what they are selling. As of right now they are just putting together a ton of talent that has no chance in hell of winning.

Edmonton isn't close (as of right now) from getting over the giant hump that's the worst team in the NHL. They need more then just talented forwards who can put up some numbers. They need to trade that 1st round pick to either Montreal or NYI.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum