GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

A quarter of a million posts is imminent

+2
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A quarter of a million posts is imminent Empty A quarter of a million posts is imminent Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

243,099 posts since we "opened the doors" in August, 2008. Wow! To think this all came about because of a blogger who neglected his duties. Cheers

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, who will get that magical post...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:So, who will get that magical post...

SpezD, of course, is the odds-on favorite.

How can you even tell what number a particular post is?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Indeed. I seem to remember there being celebrations when someone claimed the 1000th post. We've come a long way haven't we? I'm personally looking forward to the 1 millionth.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, the URL of my last post is http://www.gmhockey.com/t5492-a-quarter-of-a-million-posts-is-imminent#255565. Is the tag at the end the post number? Could we actually be past the half-million mark accounting for deleted posts and such?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:So, who will get that magical post...

SpezD, of course, is the odds-on favorite.

How can you even tell what number a particular post is?

There's no real way other than if no one else is on, you post, refresh the page and see what number posts we're at.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, checking the #tags for the last few posts in a couple of threads and I'm just not sure. Maybe it grabs the next available number when you start editing (which would explain why the numbers don't necessarily follow the order in the latest topics list).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

One thing's certain is that that number keeps going up, and it's in the ballpark of the total number of posts.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:243,099 posts since we "opened the doors" in August, 2008. Wow! To think this all came about because of a blogger who neglected his duties. Cheers

Kevin Lie?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:243,099 posts since we "opened the doors" in August, 2008. Wow! To think this all came about because of a blogger who neglected his duties. Cheers

Which blogger? Elaborate please!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amazing! Cheers

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Hmm, checking the #tags for the last few posts in a couple of threads and I'm just not sure. Maybe it grabs the next available number when you start editing (which would explain why the numbers don't necessarily follow the order in the latest topics list).
Each post should have an ID# associated with it. This number will increment each time a new post is made on the board. The numbers won't necessarily be sequential in a thread, and that number will probably be more than 250,000 accounting for posts that were created and then deleted.

It will probably be a best-guess when we get close to the mark, unless it happens where there is only one person on the board.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:

Which blogger? Elaborate please!

Kevin Lee? Or whoever replaced him. Can't remember. Not in to drama, and drama is what it certainly was.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum