GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flyers acquire neg. rights to G Bryzgalov

+10
tim1_2
SensHulk
wprager
Hoags
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
PTFlea
shabbs
Riprock
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:Butler, Wiercioch, and 21st for Carter?

Diddle, can you imagine?

Why on earth would the Flyers do that? I know they need cap room, but Wiercioch is not their type of player at all, and neither is Butler.

I really think Butler has potential to be a very good player. I really want to see what he can do in a Sens jersey.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Pay Carter 5.2M til the year 2022 ? scratch

True. Still...he scores 30 in his sleep - and he will for a long time.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So do I. I goal shy of the AHL rookie playoff record (held by a Flyer draft pick). I'd also still like to see how Wiercioch works out, even though we appear to have an abundance of offensive defencemen. And who know what that 21st might turn out to be.

If this was 1-2 years down the road, different story.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Diddle, can you imagine?

Why on earth would the Flyers do that? I know they need cap room, but Wiercioch is not their type of player at all, and neither is Butler.

Just a pipe dream, it would take the 6th + I'm sure.

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Diddle, can you imagine?

I really think Butler has potential to be a very good player. I really want to see what he can do in a Sens jersey.

I definitely agree. 1 away from tying the record for most goals in the playoffs - and he did it as a rookie.
Vertigo

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:So do I. I goal shy of the AHL rookie playoff record (held by a Flyer draft pick). I'd also still like to see how Wiercioch works out, even though we appear to have an abundance of offensive defencemen. And who know what that 21st might turn out to be.

I thought Jamie Benn had the record?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:So do I. I goal shy of the AHL rookie playoff record (held by a Flyer draft pick). I'd also still like to see how Wiercioch works out, even though we appear to have an abundance of offensive defencemen. And who know what that 21st might turn out to be.

Huh? Maybe I'm confusing records. Was it the Flyers farm club that had the consecutive road victories streak?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Overpayment IMO. He's got a long contract and isn't exactly a perennial mvp candidate. That contract length alone brings his value down significantly. do ppl honestly forget how little we got for dan¥ heatley?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Some say it's overpayment, some say it's not enough.
It's proof that it's exactly the right price Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

Overpayment IMO. He's got a long contract and isn't exactly a perennial mvp candidate. That contract length alone brings his value down significantly. do ppl honestly forget how little we got for dan¥ heatley?

Carter is not demanding a trade though lol, totally different.

That is not overpayment. Wiercioch and Butler are prospects, 21st who knows what that is. Carter isn't old either. You're not trading Top 5 picks for him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Flyers could probably get more for Carter...and they'd probably want a higher first rounder.

As for Bryzgalov, this could finally fill that perennial void in the Flyer crease.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like Bryz wanted mega money...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/06/07/flyers_coyotes_bryzgalov_trade/

Or was that just a ploy to get Phoenix to trade his rights?

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Huh? Maybe I'm confusing records. Was it the Flyers farm club that had the consecutive road victories streak?

I thought you were talking about the most goals scored in the AHL playoffs. Butler had 13, someone had 14 - I think it was Jamie Benn. We must have crossed wires there.

EDIT: Hell no:

Most Goals Scored, One Playoff - 26
Bill McDougall, Cape Breton - 1993

Must be the rookie goal scoring. Can't find the stats on that.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Carter is so stranger to the IR and that is a loooong contract. IF they trade him it'd be for draft picks and prospects to maximize their available cap space. Butler is going to get a decent contract after his AHL playoff heroics.

Holmgren would be better off trying to get rid of Meszaros, Hartnell, Carle and Versteeg.

They're going to lose Leino for sure as well.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I thought you were talking about the most goals scored in the AHL playoffs. Butler had 13, someone had 14 - I think it was Jamie Benn. We must have crossed wires there.

Ya, Joy said that he was approaching the rookie record.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Yeah, the record Butler was chasing was rookie goal scoring. She B-Sens, as a team, were also chasing the consecutive playoff road wins record. It's possible that one was the Flyers farm club and I got confused.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Ya, Joy said that he was approaching the rookie record.

Did she say who he was chasing? I guess I could go look it up on HDB...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Kevin Allen at USA Today already did a great breakdown of what the Flyers will do.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/allen/2011-06-08-nhl-flyers-bryzgalov-scenarios_N.htm

The easiest player to move would be Kris Versteeg, earning a fraction over $3 million with only one year left on his contract. If I were Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, the first team I would turn to for moving salaries would be the Florida Panthers. That franchise still has to spend almost $30 million just to get to floor of the salary cap. The Panthers need help front, plus GM Dale Tallon had Versteeg in Chicago. The other player who could be moved easier than Carter would be defenseman Matt Carle, who also has one year left on his contract at about $3.4 million.

It would be logical to conclude that the signing of Bryzgalov would mean that Michael Leighton ($1.5 million) gets buried in the minors. It seems unlikely he could be traded.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Speculation is that Bryzgalov turned down nine years, $60 million from Phoenix before being dealt to Philly.

Holy crap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum