GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last weekend for Murray / Clouston

+19
NEELY
tim1_2
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
spader
LeCaptain
SDH89
PTFlea
strachattack
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 23]

181Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:25 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I seriously think PM would be a good GM, but I'm not restarting that debate (please).

182Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:27 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Pierre mentioned some names off the top of his head (not any rumours, just coaches he likes). Bob Boughner, Mike Eaves, and...somebody else, can't remember now.

Exactly. Very underwhelming list. The other guy was Kevin Dineen, if memory serves.

183Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:28 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Pierre mentioned some names off the top of his head (not any rumours, just coaches he likes). Bob Boughner, Mike Eaves, and...somebody else, can't remember now.

Exactly. Very underwhelming list. The other guy was Kevin Dineen, if memory serves.

What did you want him to name like 20 people?

184Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:29 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

At least the title of this thread actually applies to Clouston now. HappyDance1 Dancing

185Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:32 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, that's what I wanted. scratch

By underwhelming, I mean there aren't any names that I see as being an improvement. But I really shouldn't have to explain that. And I certainly wouldn't expect 20 people, or even 10 because there just aren't that many coaches out there that would be an improvement over what we have already.

186Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:37 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, that's what I wanted. scratch

By underwhelming, I mean there aren't any names that I see as being an improvement. But I really shouldn't have to explain that. And I certainly wouldn't expect 20 people, or even 10 because there just aren't that many coaches out there that would be an improvement over what we have already.

Doesn't necessarily have to be an obvious improvement, they just wanna start fresh. Hence the term rebuild. Clouston's just milk that has been left out of the fridge for too long.

187Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:40 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Doesn't necessarily have to be an obvious improvement, they just wanna start fresh. Hence the term rebuild. Clouston's just milk that has been left out of the fridge for too long.

Clouston didn't exactly have an ideal situation this year, but coaches have been let go for less.

They're just moving in a different direction and he's not in their plans that's all.

I think it's more interesting whether Carvel survives this time. He should write a book on keeping an NHL coaching job despite multiple GM/coach firings.

188Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:57 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

for some reason everyone feels the grass is greener without clouston....it's a bogus argument. I love melnyk, but that 'bad people' comment and him brown nosing cameron is a little sickening when Clouston is still there, clearly coaching his heart out. He wants to win and he wants to show the league he's a dependable guy and clearly the boys are responding in kind.

He's not the greatest coach but I too fail to see what these other coaches are doing that's so much better than what clouston is doing

189Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:for some reason everyone feels the grass is greener without clouston....it's a bogus argument. I love melnyk, but that 'bad people' comment and him brown nosing cameron is a little sickening when Clouston is still there, clearly coaching his heart out. He wants to win and he wants to show the league he's a dependable guy and clearly the boys are responding in kind.

He's not the greatest coach but I too fail to see what these other coaches are doing that's so much better than what clouston is doing

That's what Melnyk does. Kicks a guy when he's down. Look what he did to poor Marshy.

190Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:03 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:for some reason everyone feels the grass is greener without clouston....it's a bogus argument. I love melnyk, but that 'bad people' comment and him brown nosing cameron is a little sickening when Clouston is still there, clearly coaching his heart out. He wants to win and he wants to show the league he's a dependable guy and clearly the boys are responding in kind.

That's what Melnyk does. Kicks a guy when he's down. Look what he did to poor Marshy.

Stick to clouston....I already discredited your marshy theory yesterday Laugh1

191Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So then why do people ever change coaches? Why did we bring in Hartsburg over Paddock, or Clouston over Hartsburg? What did Clouston ever do that said "he will be better than Hartsburg"?

192Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
So then why do people ever change coaches? Why did we bring in Hartsburg over Paddock, or Clouston over Hartsburg? What did Clouston ever do that said "he will be better than Hartsburg"?

Those coaches were in way over their head and totally lost control of the room. All knew Paddock knew what to do is play the Pizza Line for 20+ minutes a night. Hartsburg was the wrong choice too, kind of like John MacLean. Defense first system for an offensive team.

I thought Clouston would stick, something happened this year when he made us into a trap team.

193Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:27 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Those coaches were in way over their head and totally lost control of the room. All knew Paddock knew what to do is play the Pizza Line for 20+ minutes a night. Hartsburg was the wrong choice too, kind of like John MacLean. Defense first system for an offensive team.

I thought Clouston would stick, something happened this year when he made us into a trap team.

Perhaps it was to make up for really Dung goal tending.

I hope Cameron isn't so into the trap style of play. By what Melynk said the other day it sounds like he is. I remember him claiming that Cameron can win tough 1-0 games (with St. Mikes) but if they find themselves down by 3 he can turn them loose and they'll end up tying the game and winning it in OT.

194Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:33 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

strachattack wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Perhaps it was to make up for really Dung goal tending.

I hope Cameron isn't so into the trap style of play. By what Melynk said the other day it sounds like he is. I remember him claiming that Cameron can win tough 1-0 games (with St. Mikes) but if they find themselves down by 3 he can turn them loose and they'll end up tying the game and winning it in OT.

The trap is definitely Cameron's thing from what I've read. Should be fun times in Ottawa.

195Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
The trap is definitely Cameron's thing from what I've read. Should be fun times in Ottawa.

Murray seemed to allude to this team become a "puck possession team" when acquiring Gonchar in the offseason, yet Clouston has using the trap pretty much all year, probably due to zero confidence in the goaltending. Makes me wonder if that caused some heated arguments between coach and GM.

Kind of like CC briefly using EK on the left side on the PP

He'd score goals like that but we'd give up lots of SH breakaways (which Elliott would usually let in). Our PP rarely looked like this.

(That's my favorite EK goal this year -- what a rocket).

196Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:59 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

That was a Cussing laser beam. Good post, Hoags.

197Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did you watch the World Juniors? Cameron didn't really use a trap. They wanted everybody to forecheck and keep the puck in the offensive zone at all times. Guys lik Foligno and Cizikis.

198Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 13 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Did you watch the World Juniors? Cameron didn't really use a trap. They wanted everybody to forecheck and keep the puck in the offensive zone at all times. Guys lik Foligno and Cizikis.

The only thing I remember was the meltdown against the Russians. I bet Cameron had nothing to do with that. Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum