GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weird Email from the Sens?

+3
Ev
PTFlea
tim1_2
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Weird Email from the Sens? Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:32 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I am on a Sens mailing list. I'm not sure if it is from when I signed up to be a "Sens Insider", my group ticket representative experience, or from when I was a season ticket holder (for the year after we went to the finals..I bought season tickets to get finals tickets - funny story, ask me about it later)....

Anyway, I received this email today:

-------------------

Dear Tim,

Over the last two months, you have no doubt noticed a number of changes in the direction of your Ottawa Senators. Our focus for the future is to build an elite team based on drafting quality players who will complement a core of veterans that includes Daniel Alfredsson, Jason Spezza, Chris Phillips, Chris Neil and newly signed goaltender Craig Anderson. This process will allow us to create a winning team that can sustain success for many years.

Over the last month, we have made some significant trades and we have also provided some of our young players an opportunity to show us what they can do at the NHL level. We have seen a number of them play well and we expect them to make a contribution to our team next year.

The trades have also allowed us to acquire draft picks: we will have 12 picks in this year‘s entry draft, including five in the first two rounds. We have drafted well in the past and drafting a solid core of players is key, the absolute key, to building a winner. We have no doubt we are on the right track and that we will get there.

The 2011-12 season marks the 20th anniversary of the modern era Senators. In addition to icing an exciting young team, we have introduced new pricing, new ticket-owner benefits and a new 12-month payment plan so it is easier than ever to become part of our team. As well, all full- or half-season seat owners will receive priority access to the 2012 NHL All-Star Game in Ottawa.

We are thrilled with the direction our team is taking and want you to share in that excitement with a live-game experience. To that end, I would like to personally invite you and a guest to join us for a game on Tuesday, April 5, when we take on the Philadelphia Flyers. If you would like to attend, please confirm by clicking on the appropriate button below. We do hope you will be able to join us.

--------------------

The "from" address was "ticketing@ottawasenators.com". It was signed off by Cyril Leeder. I was given two buttons to choose from. "Yes" and "No". I chose "Yes"! Then I was taken to some page where it said thanks for my support, and then it redirected quickly to the Ottawa Senators homepage.

Weird.

Anyone else get this?

2Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:35 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ok, I just read the fine print and it said I received the email because I am a former season ticket holder. Maybe this will result in me getting two free tickets??

3Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:37 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Alrighty, just got a follow-up email saying my interest in receiving two free tickets to the Flyers game is confirmed, and I should receive the tickets via Print at Home shortly!!!! WEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee!

HappyDance1

4Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung, they gave you 2 free tickets?

5Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No mention of Gonchar in that e-mail LOL

6Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:46 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:No mention of Gonchar in that e-mail LOL
Or Kuba! How could they leave Kuba off that list?!?!?!?!?! An abomination this is!

Wink

7Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:48 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Holy Dung, they gave you 2 free tickets?

Apparently. I'll believe it when I see it. I'll also be curious as to where I'll be sitting. If I'm to be a "Guest" of Cyril Leeder, I want club seats damn it!!!

Ha...I'll take whatever they give me.

Also, Happy Friday to Me!

8Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Or Kuba! How could they leave Kuba off that list?!?!?!?!?! An abomination this is!

Wink

Or Karlsson -- one of the three untouchables anointed by Murray.

9Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:30 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

can the sens sell me a four pack for their games in MTL? Sarcasm that would be the season for me...

10Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

Since when is Karlsson a Veteran? They were highlighting the Core of VETS. leaving Gonchar out is strange to say the least.

11Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:00 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

Since when is Karlsson a Veteran? They were highlighting the Core of VETS. leaving Gonchar out is strange to say the least.
gone by the draft... maybe.
if he's gone it will most likely be after july 1st.
would love to keep him and see what he can really do. Kuba on the other hand...

12Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:22 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So my tickets were emailed to me yesterday. They are in the 300s, row M. Not great seats, but who am I to complain, when they're freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

13Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:So my tickets were emailed to me yesterday. They are in the 300s, row M. Not great seats, but who am I to complain, when they're freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
BEAUTY!

Free is good.

14Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:53 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:So my tickets were emailed to me yesterday. They are in the 300s, row M. Not great seats, but who am I to complain, when they're freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
BEAUTY!

Free is good.

Yep. Although after a couple beverages and snacks for me and the missus, this evening will still cost me about $50.

15Weird Email from the Sens? Empty Re: Weird Email from the Sens? Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
BEAUTY!

Free is good.

I thought freed is good? No, wait ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum