GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

+6
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
shabbs
Riprock
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

Merry Christmas!!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

jawal wrote:Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to entire GM Community!

It has been great reading the posts. I have found this site very informative for sens and hockey info.

My new year resolution will be try to post more than once every blue moon.

A little early with the New Year's resolution Smile We'll have to make a separate thread for that.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I think jawal just volunteered for that.

I got some more nice Sens stuff to add to the collection and further adorn my Sens shrine that is my room. Mini gloves and a framed plaque of their jersey history. And pencils so I can show off my Sens pride whilst writing exams.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:I think jawal just volunteered for that.

I got some more nice Sens stuff to add to the collection and further adorn my Sens shrine that is my room. Mini gloves and a framed plaque of their jersey history. And pencils so I can show off my Sens pride whilst writing exams.

You'll have to post an updated pic.

Like I was saying in another thread, my main gift is a combo of birthday/anniversary/Christmas and, unfortunately, I haven't gotten it yet -- for now, a card with "Go buy a camera" written in.

That said, I got some good stocking stuffers and gifts from the kids, including the third Pirates movie on blu-ray to complete the trilogy. I think I'll need my teenager's acne cream with all the chocolate I received Smile

My presents to my wife included a new cellphone (we just go with the Petro-Can mobility prepaid ones -- we lost our old one a few weeks ago) and a Garmin 265W GPS. So I *do* have some gadgets to play with until I get my digital camera. Smile

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Merry Xmas everyone.

My wife bought me a couple of new wedges. She even went to the trouble of talking to a golfing buddy to see what I might need. If only she asked if I was left or right-handed....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:Merry Xmas everyone.

My wife bought me a couple of new wedges. She even went to the trouble of talking to a golfing buddy to see what I might need. If only she asked if I was left or right-handed....

You're not kidding?

I was listening to Team1200 yesterday (I think) and I think it was Lee Versage that said he'd been golfing with set of women's clubs for about 12 years. He got the set as a gift or something.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Shabbs went "blu" this XMAS... look what my wife gave me...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone! - Page 2 Tnimg2010122500015

Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Shabbs went "blu" this XMAS... look what my wife gave me...

Smile

There are some good deals on blu-rays out there. I picked up Toy Story 3 (2-disc version, no DVD) for $20 and the third Pirates movie for $15. I've seen Inception for under $20 as well, but it may have been Amazon.com, so unless you have someone in the US who will re-mail it to you, you're looking at another $8 for shipping.

Amazon.ca (http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.html/ref=br_lf_m_1000646301_grlink_2?ie=UTF8&plgroup=2&docId=1000646301) has the Pirates trilogy for $42 (good pick up if you don't have any of them). Also LotR for $31 (I think these are the theatrical release versions, so I'm still in a holding pattern).

FutureShop.ca has some good deals as well -- all the James Bond ones are $6.99 (actually cheaper than the 3-movie box sets at $21.99 each), lots of others at that price and below (Requiem for a Dream and Eternal Sunshine are $4.99 each!!!) Blazing Saddles for $5.99. Here's the link for under $7: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/category/id/PCBlu-raysbelow7.aspx and here is the one for $7.99 and up: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/category/id/PCBlu-raysstarting8.aspx

Enjoy responsibly Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Thanks for the links... a trip to FS is in the order for sure... heh heh.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Thanks for the links... a trip to FS is in the order for sure... heh heh.

Might be nuts in-person; on-line will probably take 6-8 days but you could get free shipping at $20 and up, I think. The player will do a nice job up-scaling your DVDs, so you could do that while waiting for the new ones to arrive.

I got Lost S5 a few days back but, stupid me, I didn't double check. I have my saved searches e-mailing me all the new deals from eBay, but every once in a while a DVD set sneaks in. Should have known the price was too good (but I did get two of the seasons for under $25 on blu-ray, and one of them was brand new). Anyhow, all that to say that even my 14 year old who claims not to care much about high-def noticed the difference right away.

I have a few DVDs that scale really well (like the Superbit editions of Spider Man, The Fifth Element and a few others) but I must admit, this Lost S5 is not very good. I hate to say this (since it's just a TV show, and I'm already watching it for the second time) but I'll have to replace it.

As far as The Fifth Element goes, I got the blu-ray version for my birthday and there is almost no difference from the DVD (the DVD is the "Ultimate" edition has the Superbit version of the film plus a bonus disc with very cool features). My TV is a rear-projection CRT that is limited to 1080i (actually I think it converts 1080i signals to 720p) so YMMV, but for good quality DVDs, and assuming a good up-scaling implementation (mine is the PS3, which is very good, but not great) the difference going to blu-ray will not be that big.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Happy New Year GMHOCKEY!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Happy New Year GMHOCKEY!

Same to you, old friend.

Oh yeah, and everyone else too! TwoThumbsUp!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum