GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+28
Oglethorpe
Bramlet07
cash
Flo The Action
sens4win
LeCaptain
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
Straight Shooter
asq2
Number Twenty Nine
TheAvatar
Hoags
Amnesia021
ddt
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
spader
Ev
CockRoche
SensGirl11
rooneypoo
SensHulk
wprager
Riprock
PTFlea
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:Don't try to get into Gary Bettman's head. It is a scary place inside there. There are an infinite number of ulterior motives swimming around that none of us will ever understand.

Really? You think this is Bettman trying to make the Yotes more attractive to prospective buyers? Or to help out the Bs because they're one of the 'original' US teams? I thought of that fleetingly, but the way to truly make the Yotes more attractive is to allow them to be moved.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
wprager wrote:Souray out 2 weeks with a broken hand (fight).

How is a broken hand only 2 weeks. Bionic man!

Aside from that, he's a douche and probably did it on purpose to sit on his Donkey and eat doritos while playing some NHL11.

Shouldn't he have broken his foot instead then?

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 62136 DUH! Yeah, it would be pretty hard to play NHL11 with only one hand. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 489887

It's only a 2-week break. Maybe they gave him a "gaming cast".

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo just scored!!!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:rooneypoo just scored!!!

My man Parros? I haven't seen him score a goal in real-time for about 2 years now. Smile

Sophomore
Sophomore

did anyone catch the toronto game? Orr jumps on Clemmenson without a push or anything from behind the net, the puck then goes in off his skate and the refs don't review the play or anything just allow it and move on. Florida was livid and don't get any response from the refs. it was the most biased, cheating, blatant thing I have seen in the past few years. It is truly disgusting what the league is allowing the leafs to get away with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzVm52SLOJQ

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It was terrible reffing, but don't start with that Leafs-reffing conspiracy BS. They get screwed over a lot too.

Awful call though.

Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:It was terrible reffing, but don't start with that Leafs-reffing conspiracy BS. They get screwed over a lot too.

Awful call though.

You are truly delusional if you think the leafs get screwed even 1% as much as they get help. When is the last time you saw such a blatant tackle on a goalie??

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

111519 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:It was terrible reffing, but don't start with that Leafs-reffing conspiracy BS. They get screwed over a lot too.

Awful call though.

You are truly delusional if you think the leafs get screwed even 1% as much as they get help. When is the last time you saw such a blatant tackle on a goalie??

I'm delusional? You're the one complaining and making up wild conspiracy theories.

If they got so much help how have they been so brutal for the last 5 years?

The refs got the call wrong, that's it. The Leafs got screwed over last week or two weeks ago by a high stick goal that should have counted. Can't remember who it was or what game it was in, but they were pissed after the game.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Wait, hear me out on this.

The Leafs killed JFK.

Think about it.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:did anyone catch the toronto game? Orr jumps on Clemmenson without a push or anything from behind the net, the puck then goes in off his skate and the refs don't review the play or anything just allow it and move on. Florida was livid and don't get any response from the refs. it was the most biased, cheating, blatant thing I have seen in the past few years. It is truly disgusting what the league is allowing the leafs to get away with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzVm52SLOJQ

No conspiracy theories here, but that's just an awful, awful call to miss. I can't even understand it. Like, the slightest bump into the goalie these days warrants a minor penalty, how the hell does a full out football tackle not draw the attention of the refs?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OMG, now we have another picture of "Orr" flying through the air on a goal. This one, not so graceful.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Best DGB in a while. Really enjoyed this one:
http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2010/10/other-nhl-superstar-who-wound-up-in.html

General manager Lou Lamoriello has offered his support for MacLean's decision, although he refused to say whether he'd consider a similar move next week once he's head coach.

January, 2004 - Enraged by Jason Spezza's inability to adhere to his defensive system, Jacques Martin is quickly restrained by his assistants after briefly displaying a facial expression.

December, 1987 - After chewing out franchise player Wayne Gretzky during a practice, Oilers' coach Glen Sather is accused by local media of doing the dumbest thing he could possibly do. He immediately vows to spend the rest of his managerial career proving them wrong.

Read the rest at the link above.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Micheal Nylander has successful neck surgery.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/10/26/15839476.html

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Parros with his first goal of the season last night... Rooney must be happy.

Wink

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Best DGB in a while. Really enjoyed this one:
http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2010/10/other-nhl-superstar-who-wound-up-in.html

General manager Lou Lamoriello has offered his support for MacLean's decision, although he refused to say whether he'd consider a similar move next week once he's head coach.

January, 2004 - Enraged by Jason Spezza's inability to adhere to his defensive system, Jacques Martin is quickly restrained by his assistants after briefly displaying a facial expression.

December, 1987 - After chewing out franchise player Wayne Gretzky during a practice, Oilers' coach Glen Sather is accused by local media of doing the dumbest thing he could possibly do. He immediately vows to spend the rest of his managerial career proving them wrong.

Read the rest at the link above.

October, 2010 - The Islanders attempts to emulate the Devils by scratching their highest paid player prove fruitless when they are unable to figure out how to bench Alexei Yashin's buyout.

fantastic stuff

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.I laughed at a DBG for the first time in a long time.

2.What a horribled call against Florida. I would have crapped tacks if I was Clemmenson.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The interesting outcome of the Leafs-Panthers game and the obvious non-call was Ron Wilson even saying how they got away with a blatant goaltender interference call, but who was he to complain about a free goal.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Orr scores the winner last night for the Leafs... while taking out Clemmenson and having the puck go off his skate... take a look: