GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010

+19
asq2
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
Amnesia021
Bramlet07
LeCaptain
spader
stempniaksen
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
sens4win
shabbs
Riprock
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Predict the outcome

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_lcap230%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Washington Capitals - 7:00pm EST - Mon. Oct. 11th, 2010 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I wouldn't be too worried about leclaire. If you notice after the goal, the team was very quick to come and give leclaire a pat on the back/console him. They obviously wanted to win, and to win for Leclaire as well. He made some big saves in the 2nd and 3rd to give the sens a chance to tie it, so not sure if Clouston really should be that harsh on him. Maybe he's looking for an excuse to start elliott Facepalm

I noticed the Sens mobbing Leclaire at the end. A lot of them were hugging him, patting his head, smiling at him. That's HUGE for the team IMO. Clouston would have every right to be pissed, except that Leclaire did what you ask of any goalie - he kept his team in the game.

Ryan Miller, Lundqvist, Vokoun, Brodeur. All terrible so far. To me, Leclaire has been steady, not horrible, so that's about all we can expect.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It just really knocks the wind out of ya when you see a goal like that IMO.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:I wouldn't be too worried about leclaire. If you notice after the goal, the team was very quick to come and give leclaire a pat on the back/console him. They obviously wanted to win, and to win for Leclaire as well. He made some big saves in the 2nd and 3rd to give the sens a chance to tie it, so not sure if Clouston really should be that harsh on him. Maybe he's looking for an excuse to start elliott Facepalm

I noticed the Sens mobbing Leclaire at the end. A lot of them were hugging him, patting his head, smiling at him. That's HUGE for the team IMO. Clouston would have every right to be pissed, except that Leclaire did what you ask of any goalie - he kept his team in the game.

Ryan Miller, Lundqvist, Vokoun, Brodeur. All terrible so far. To me, Leclaire has been steady, not horrible, so that's about all we can expect.

Exactly. Shows the cohesiveness coming through and that they're also playing for each other. It's a good sign, and i'm all for a little adversity if it helps in the long run.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Exactly. Shows the cohesiveness coming through and that they're also playing for each other. It's a good sign, and i'm all for a little adversity if it helps in the long run.

Apparently they had a players only meeting yesterday led by Alfredsson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Before the game they had that meeting, right?

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Michallica wrote:
marakh wrote:
Michallica wrote:weak.....weak goal

oh well. good to see some structure at least. Clearly it will be a slow process but good to see some damn competition

This gotta be a joke

haha come on dude. that's no joke. That's a shot leclaire would definitely like to have back, and at that stage in time I don't know what happened. Wasn't like the shot was screened. As great as Leclaire has been, he's not exempt from criticism when he makes a mistake. Just like last game, where he was incredible, but that 5th goal was all him.

I agree with you though on some of the other posts....0for15 is not what we envisioned this team to go through the first 3. My guess is Regin will make his way back to the top 6 replacing michalek. Though Michalek I thought was okay, but Regin and Kovalev were better. Shannon was great last night obviously...earned himself another start.

Compared to the first two games, this was a stanley cup finalist playing, and dare I say they deserved the victory. Its a slow process but good to see that they're making progress at least. Next up....solve the Cussing powerplay.

I can see it both ways, that goal was a smart and skilled play by Ovechkin, who had enough speed, perfect aim, and a quick enough release to catch Leclaire a little off of his center of balance. The fact that Leclaire got caught is on him. I've seen worse goals, but Clutch is fair in saying that it is deflating nonetheless.

I didn't see the game unfortunately, but it sounds like there was a much better effort especially considering the shot count. Not having watched the game leads me to wonder if Washington was playing particularly well or not. Oh well, I'll set the PVR for the next one.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

beerandsens wrote:
Michallica wrote:
marakh wrote:
Michallica wrote:weak.....weak goal

oh well. good to see some structure at least. Clearly it will be a slow process but good to see some damn competition

This gotta be a joke

haha come on dude. that's no joke. That's a shot leclaire would definitely like to have back, and at that stage in time I don't know what happened. Wasn't like the shot was screened. As great as Leclaire has been, he's not exempt from criticism when he makes a mistake. Just like last game, where he was incredible, but that 5th goal was all him.

I agree with you though on some of the other posts....0for15 is not what we envisioned this team to go through the first 3. My guess is Regin will make his way back to the top 6 replacing michalek. Though Michalek I thought was okay, but Regin and Kovalev were better. Shannon was great last night obviously...earned himself another start.

Compared to the first two games, this was a stanley cup finalist playing, and dare I say they deserved the victory. Its a slow process but good to see that they're making progress at least. Next up....solve the Cussing powerplay.

I can see it both ways, that goal was a smart and skilled play by Ovechkin, who had enough speed, perfect aim, and a quick enough release to catch Leclaire a little off of his center of balance. The fact that Leclaire got caught is on him. I've seen worse goals, but Clutch is fair in saying that it is deflating nonetheless.

I didn't see the game unfortunately, but it sounds like there was a much better effort especially considering the shot count. Not having watched the game leads me to wonder if Washington was playing particularly well or not. Oh well, I'll set the PVR for the next one.

I would say it was the most deflating goal i've seen in a while...I mean, the whole team up and left for the locker room and home after it was scored Dammit! Snoopydance

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Alfie says he hopes to be in the lineup on Thursday.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Alfie says he hopes to be in the lineup on Thursday.

The star players need to start putting some points up on the board. Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek, Gonchar, Kovalev, Karlsson and Fisher have combined for 3 points in 3 games. Combined.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PKC wrote:

The star players need to start putting some points up on the board. Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek, Gonchar, Kovalev, Karlsson and Fisher have combined for 3 points in 3 games. Combined.
Damn...

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Well, that's sort of good news. You have to think it's only a matter of time before some or all of them start putting pucks in the net.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Matt Carkner for MVP? Thoughts?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Matt Carkner for MVP? Thoughts?

My vote goes to Chris Neil.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

That is appalling.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll give the MVP to hands of stone at this point.

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

That is appalling.

Just as appalling is a powerplay clicking at 0% with all that talent on the roster. Dumbfounding start to the season.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I only watched the game against Toronto, so I could be way off, but the powerplays we had in that game had no one going to the net. I know we don't really have many big bodies willing to go there, but it should become a staple of the powerplay to really take advantage of our defensemen's offensive skills.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beerandsens wrote:I only watched the game against Toronto, so I could be way off, but the powerplays we had in that game had no one going to the net. I know we don't really have many big bodies willing to go there, but it should become a staple of the powerplay to really take advantage of our defensemen's offensive skills.

All 3 teams, the Sabres, the Leafs and especially the Caps simplified their PK against us. All 3 teams broke their boxes and attacked the defence paying little to no attention to the wings. As soon as Karlsson or Gonchar got the puck, they were right on top of them, not allowing them for any time to survey the situation.

When the pass was finally made to an 'open' D-man, the teams were close enough to them that it was in their shin pads.

I noticed this after the TO game, but thought it was Ron Wilson getting lucky. Now that Boudreau has done it as well, it's obvious that we'll have to be prepared for that on Thursday. This should make Jason Spezza upset IMO, they're not giving him any respect. If he gets the puck down low while they're up on the D-man, he'll make a play to score most of the time - which is what I think we'll see on Thursday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum