GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Game 1: Season Opener - Senators vs Sabers - 7:30 - SNET/RIS/MSG/Team1200

+15
Flo The Action
garblar
caissie_1
Jordo
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
spader
wprager
SensGirl11
rooneypoo
PKC
shabbs
SensHulk
The Silfer Server
Amnesia021
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

OK, that's it for me for now. Will have to catch the rest later. Go Sens.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Is Phillips/Karlsson not working tonight? They've both made some bone-headed plays.
]

They've had their moments but over-all haven't had a particularly strong game. Some more powerplays would be nice for Karlsson.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well at least leclaire has picked up his game and is saving everyone's butt. this doesn't look like the offencive weapon murray was making this team out to be.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We've matched the number of shots we had in the 2nd already.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

More shots bunghole!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Well, I'd say we could use Spezza. Hopefully Karlsson gets going too. He's looking a little too comfortable out there.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

pascal gets second star. good news in my pool hehe. but seriously, pascal showed he can be there. had a bad 1st period but the rest was good.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'll give Leclaire kudos for a good game. My concern is his only good games seem to come when the team in front of him is being badly outplayed.

Bailing out your team is nice, but the best goalies in the world are the ones who can deliver when the team is playing well in front of them.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'd say FIsher on the ice just to take all those face-offs at the end of the game there pretty much killed the power play. There were absolutely no threat from behind the goalie...
Until that PP clicks I will continue my propaganda on the one D only QB-ing the PP. the one timers and/or shooting lanes were non existant from the point.
Karlsson looked like he just woke up.
How dominant was Myers GDT: Game 1: Season Opener - Senators vs Sabers - 7:30 - SNET/RIS/MSG/Team1200 - Page 7 395361 SHould have been 1st star.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I'll give Leclaire kudos for a good game. My concern is his only good games seem to come when the team in front of him is being badly outplayed.
Bailing out your team is nice, but the best goalies in the world are the ones who can deliver when the team is playing well in front of them.

I have a couple of things to say to that. First, this was game one of the season. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now (what choice do we have?) and consider this game one. Don't go back to last season (or preseason) to find a negative to balance out the positive.

Also, Leclaire isn't one of the best goalies in the world. Never will be. I think the sooner everyone accepts that, the sooner we can recognize what we have in Leclaire. He's a second-tier starting goaltender at the NHL level. Nothing more, (hopefully) nothing less.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:I'd say FIsher on the ice just to take all those face-offs at the end of the game there pretty much killed the power play. There were absolutely no threat from behind the goalie...
Until that PP clicks I will continue my propaganda on the one D only QB-ing the PP. the one timers and/or shooting lanes were non existant from the point.
How dominant was Myers GDT: Game 1: Season Opener - Senators vs Sabers - 7:30 - SNET/RIS/MSG/Team1200 - Page 7 395361 SHould have been 1st star.

Or "Myer", as Potvin insisted on calling him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What a fiasco! Time to blow this Dung up!!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
asq2 wrote:I'll give Leclaire kudos for a good game. My concern is his only good games seem to come when the team in front of him is being badly outplayed.

I have a couple of things to say to that. First, this was game one of the season. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now (what choice do we have?) and consider this game one. Don't go back to last season (or preseason) to find a negative to balance out the positive.

Also, Leclaire isn't one of the best goalies in the world. Never will be. I think the sooner everyone accepts that, the sooner we can recognize what we have in Leclaire. He's a second-tier starting goaltender at the NHL level. Nothing more, (hopefully) nothing less.

I know this was game one of the season, and anyway he had a good game. I don't think I referenced the pre-season or last season, at least not specifically, though I am talking about his over-all play in his career when I say that his good games tend to be in games where his team is badly outplayed. Thus it's not as much of a positive as it could be.

And yeah, obviously he's not one of the best goalies in the world. But serious contenders need goalies who can make routine and timely saves in games where they don't see a lot of action.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I noticed that Leclaire stayed deeper in his net as I suggested he needs to do and it seemed to work. He wandered on that second goal and it cost him but it looks like he figured out what he has to do.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalev was pretty awesome tonight, by the way. Even if he just plays every OTHER game like that he'll have a big year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's quite disappointing for sure. Nice third, but not good enough. Leclaire was brilliant, needs to bring that every night.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
marakh wrote:I'd say FIsher on the ice just to take all those face-offs at the end of the game there pretty much killed the power play. There were absolutely no threat from behind the goalie...

Or "Myer", as Potvin insisted on calling him.

It was refreshing to hear Potvin criticize Regin a little for not burying opportunites. Better than the excuses and velvet glove treatment we've heard for years on the Ottawa airwaves.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Even in a 30+ save night Leclaire does not give me nay confidence whatsoever that he will make the next save. It's just so uncomfortable watching him right now.

Then you look to the other side of the rink and you have Miller. Calm, confident, and you get that feeling that he will stop anything that comes his way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum