GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm most disappointed in...

+4
Amnesia021
SensHulk
Hoags
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I'm most disappointed in... Empty I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Coming into this pre-season I was really excited about Roman Wick. I thought he had the makings of the next Peter Regin - in that he was a relatively obscure prospect who had the ability to make the NHL - and quick.

Unfortunately he hasn't shown the requisite levels of compete to make the NHL - and I think he's now a long shot at best to put it all together.

I'm also a little disappointed in Daugavins. I thought he'd be a revelation - and he...has not.

Anyone else have any opinions?

2I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:58 am

.. the fact they didn't resign Donovan.

3I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:26 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not too disappointed in Wick, I didn't think he'd just jump into the NHL straight from Europe. They'll watch him in Bingo maybe call him up and possibly resign him depending on how things go. Too soon to write him off.

His chances were overstated and he's up against Regin, Foligno, Smith and Butler who are ahead of him on the depth chart and have more experience than him.

Gryba is more disappointing, thought he'd last longer although I figured Cowen would get far more chances.

4I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:58 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Not sure how to spin this at all. Its tough to be disappointed with someone we're seeing really for the first time since they got back (wick). I think if he plays regularly in Bingo, he'll come around and play his game. He's used to a bigger ice surface too I think, and as we saw yesterday, reduction in ice surface causes some issues. He'll need some time.

Daugavins and Jim O'Brien would be my picks...especially the latter. O'Brien is stuck in a zone where he's clearly got an edge over all rookies ( as seen in the tournament) but he still can't get it together playing against pros. If I'm not mistaken, I think last season was his first in the AHL, so I expected him to showcase some amount of skill in training camp. I know some wesbites still talk about him highly, and perhaps the sens still feel he's a fisher in the making, but I didn't see enough this training camp to be a believer of that. Hope he works it out in bingo though!

5I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:34 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

I'm most disappointed in....

Wick. I don't think he had a snowballs chance to make the team, but I thought he'd show up a little better and at least make it past the first cut.

(i'm assuming this was to be limited to our rookies, otherwise I've got a different one Smile)

6I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:I'm most disappointed in....

Wick. I don't think he had a snowballs chance to make the team, but I thought he'd show up a little better and at least make it past the first cut.

(i'm assuming this was to be limited to our rookies, otherwise I've got a different one Smile)

Do tell...

7I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:40 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Regin?

8I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:41 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:Regin?

Campoli too. he's gotta be better

9I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

On the other side of the spectrum, I Am Most Pleased With... 1) Brian Lee, 2) Robin Lehner (despite that gaff), 3) Foligno

10I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was about to call SD out on that. I questioned why some here were so up on Regin -- 3 goals in 3 playoff games is nice, but how about the regular season? Foligno was on his way to much better numbers when he broke his leg, so it's no surprised to me, at least, that that's how they stand now.

SD, though, I'm pretty sure was very high on Regin, so how is he *not* a disappointment?

11I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:06 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SD was also dying to bring in Savard Sarcasm

12I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:06 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:

Campoli too. he's gotta be better

100% agree with you there as well.

13I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:I'm most disappointed in....

Do tell...

Regin who? He's been pretty non existent and disappointing so far. I thought he'd have a big inside track for the top-6 opening, but now it looks like its Foligino's to lose.

I guess we'll reverse the countdown...My list of Disappointments:
#3: Wick
#2: Regin
#1: Refs and League Punishments

The lack of calls against the Sens and the Calls for their opponents have been atrocious. I know the refs are getting their feet wet as well, but still. Even last night there were a couple no calls that were obvious penalties. I am in no way blaming the refs for any losses or wins, especially in the pre-season. But I do hope it gets better. Its not as though the rules changed dramatically this season or anything....

For league punishments... Its disappointing to me that someone can get suspended a game for taunting (making the slashing move across their throat) but nothing happens to the guy that shoves someone's head into the ice or targets their head with their elbow....

14I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

I was about to call SD out on that. I questioned why some here were so up on Regin -- 3 goals in 3 playoff games is nice, but how about the regular season? Foligno was on his way to much better numbers when he broke his leg, so it's no surprised to me, at least, that that's how they stand now.

SD, though, I'm pretty sure was very high on Regin, so how is he *not* a disappointment?

Yeah, I was certainly expecting more out of Regin. While I'm disappointed in his output, it's not like Wick where he's nancing around the neutral zone, as usual Regin is involved and at least playing dependable in his own zone.

I love what Foligno has done this pre-season though, something of a work of art. If he takes Regin's spot in the top six, that's fine, he's earned it, but I look to Regin to continue to play hard in all zones and get himself back into the top 6, where one day I'm confident he'll be a fixture.

15I'm most disappointed in... Empty Re: I'm most disappointed in... Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:On the other side of the spectrum, I Am Most Pleased With... 1) Brian Lee, 2) Robin Lehner (despite that gaff), 3) Foligno

100% slam dunk, these three guys have been awesome. I've really enjoyed watching Cowen as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum