GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again)

+3
Ev
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Empty O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:16 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Two-way deal, apparently. Damn, I wish the Sens had got in on that action.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?t=78533&jfile=showthread.php&option=com_jfusion&Itemid=93

2O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Empty Re: O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:31 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

It's funny how different opinions are on this guy.

There are a lot of people saying that even if Carolina paid league minimum for this guy they are idiots. I'm definitely on the other side of the coin on this one and think this is about as close you can get to "low-risk, high reward". Put POS on Staal's wing and the kid might find "it" again and become a nice fit on that team.

3O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Empty Re: O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I forgot that he never actually played for Carolina.

Good signing, IMO. Why not try it out? It's a two-way deal so even better. If he still can't get it going in the NHL just send him down.

Plus, he's a North Carolina native!

4O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Empty Re: O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, really. Why, because of his attitude, or what? There's zero risk, I wish we had got into that action as well.

But if his attitude sucks...then no way you want him in the AHL around your prospects.

5O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Empty Re: O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:14 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Carolina is like the reclamation project team of the NHL. I can just see the TV ad now:

"Are you an NHL veteran? Have you experienced tough times in your playing career recently? Do you feel that a fresh start might rejuvenate you and take you back to the level of play that you expect from yourself?
Well good news! The Carolina Hurricanes are always looking for players of your situation..."

6O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Empty Re: O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:16 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Carolina is like the reclamation project team of the NHL. I can just see the TV ad now:

"Are you an NHL veteran? Have you experienced tough times in your playing career recently? Do you feel that a fresh start might rejuvenate you and take you back to the level of play that you expect from yourself?
Well good news! The Carolina Hurricanes are always looking for players of your situation..."

See "Jokinen, Jussi" and "Samsonov, Sergei." Smile

7O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Empty Re: O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:16 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:It's funny how different opinions are on this guy.

There are a lot of people saying that even if Carolina paid league minimum for this guy they are idiots. I'm definitely on the other side of the coin on this one and think this is about as close you can get to "low-risk, high reward". Put POS on Staal's wing and the kid might find "it" again and become a nice fit on that team.

Haha, I immediately thought you meant something completely different.

8O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Empty Re: O'Sullivan to the 'Canes (again) Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:29 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:It's funny how different opinions are on this guy.

Haha, I immediately thought you meant something completely different.

Laugh1 That POS! Dammit!

a 2-way deal is a steal for O'sullivan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum