GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Max Talbot Stirring the pot?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Empty Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just read this over on TSN.ca and couldn't help but think that Talbot is either trying to create headlines or he himself is the Donkey Chapeau and not Ovechkin as he says a few times in this article.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=328670

More here. Apparently Talbot called Ovechkin a "Real Douche". Laughing3

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/

- Unknown Author

2Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Empty Re: Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:39 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder if he'll call the NHL that when they fine him later today.

3Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Empty Re: Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:I wonder if he'll call the NHL that when they fine him later today.

I would be surprised if he's fined. He's not calling out the game or officiating.

Edit: Also, I don't think it was as bad as the Sean Avery comments that got him into trouble.

- Unknown Author

4Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Empty Re: Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:52 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

meh....probably stirring the pot, but I doubt he's lying. OV's proved to be a d-bag on several occasion.

see spraying kids holding the habs flags with snow in the playoffs. See also knocking down another kid's camera post olympics.

5Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Empty Re: Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Talbot should shut his mouth and worry about the Pens.

6Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Empty Re: Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:36 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

You know it's a slow news day when ....

7Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Empty Re: Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:50 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Talbot should shut his mouth and worry about the Pens.

I don't get this. why shouldn't he be allowed to speak his mind? who cares if ovechkin is way more talented, that doesn't exempt him from criticism. Like I mentioned above, I can see OVie being a douche.

8Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Empty Re: Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

I don't get this. why shouldn't he be allowed to speak his mind? who cares if ovechkin is way more talented, that doesn't exempt him from criticism. Like I mentioned above, I can see OVie being a douche.

Because it's not in his or the Pens best interest to say things like this that spark controversy. Why do it in a public forum like that, why not keep it to yourself or tell him when you see him face to face. What does he or the Pens have to gain from this public attention?

I'll tell you who looks like a douche this morning: Max Talbot.

But...I don't really care to be honest, so go nuts Maxime. Shrug

9Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Empty Re: Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:08 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Because it's not in his or the Pens best interest to say things like this that spark controversy. Why do it in a public forum like that, why not keep it to yourself or tell him when you see him face to face. What does he or the Pens have to gain from this public attention?

I'll tell you who looks like a douche this morning: Max Talbot.

But...I don't really care to be honest, so go nuts Maxime. Shrug

that's probably just to spark the 'rivalry' or in the spirit of the winter classic. As much as it is idiotic, unfortunately this is how the sports world now needs to operate. They need the 'saucy' storylines to sell people of the angles coming up. Like Lebron and cleveland, bosh and toronto, TO and ochocinco in football (plus vick, roethlisberger). Its the old adage 'any attention is good'.

10Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Empty Re: Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I totally agree. Talbot looks like the douche. That was the first thought that came to mind.

- Unknown Author

11Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Empty Re: Max Talbot Stirring the pot? Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:20 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I totally agree. Talbot looks like the douche. That was the first thought that came to mind.

he is....but anything to intensify the OV/Crosby 'rivalry' is good in the NHL's books

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum