GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski

+4
Hoags
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:50 am

Uhhh, who's going to play in nets?

17Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:52 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Uhhh, who's going to play in nets?

Heatley of course. He's a ****ing all-star for a reason, he'll do it all!

18Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:53 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Uhhh, who's going to play in nets?

they'll likely have to go with Greiss or try to sign a cheap vet like Biron, Turco, maybe get Roloson out of the Isles.

I'd send them Elliott for Gooch

19Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:02 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Brian-burke-us-hockey-gm-955a8eb9a0

"Drat !"

Dash wrote:

I'd send them Elliott for Gooch

And rest our season on Leclaire staying healthy ? Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 805406

Last edited by Hoags on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seriously, where is Nabokov going? What team is getting him?

21Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

KHL?

22Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

KHL? Nah...I'll say Tampa Bay.

23Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:26 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I can see Chris Mason landing with the Sharks for a 1 year 1.5-2 million deal. They surely can't think Greiss is ready for the #1 job.

24Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:27 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

... Do they have room for Setoguchi now?

25Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Turco would look good in San Jose, don't know how much he wants though. I could see them just sticking with Greiss.

26Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Turco would look good in San Jose, don't know how much he wants though. I could see them just sticking with Greiss.

They can't do that, they'll be destroyed in the West. They need a mentor big time. I would say Dan Ellis was a good call, maybe Turco, but I would NOT suggest that.

27Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

What CAN they do? They have to ice a full team and re-sign Setoguchi. Or they trade his RFA rights, or hope for an offer sheet.

28Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:What CAN they do? They have to ice a full team and re-sign Setoguchi. Or they trade his RFA rights, or hope for an offer sheet.

One of Setoguchi or Clowe will be moved, probably for a goalie I would imagine, or perhaps for depth players to fill out their lineup (didn't they go through this last summer too?).

Maybe they lose both come to think of it.

I hope they love Heatley, he's Diddling them up the arse.

29Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:04 pm

That trade looks awful for SJ now, seriously. They are right up the creek.

30Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:05 pm

SDH89 wrote:I can see Chris Mason landing with the Sharks for a 1 year 1.5-2 million deal. They surely can't think Greiss is ready for the #1 job.
That's logical. He's serviceable as a starter and I don't know if Greiss is that great an option in the 1 slot.

31Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:That trade looks awful for SJ now, seriously. They are right up the creek.

Seriously though, that trade has handicapped them - which sucks because I like Marleau and Boyle a lot, but it's kind of pleasing to see at the same time.

They just signed a better, faster, smarter and more mature player for 600K less. They must be wishing they never heard of Dany Heatley.

And we have Michalek - who's 4.3 million would look a lot better than Heatley's 7.5 right now.

32Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:
SDH89 wrote:I can see Chris Mason landing with the Sharks for a 1 year 1.5-2 million deal. They surely can't think Greiss is ready for the #1 job.
That's logical. He's serviceable as a starter and I don't know if Greiss is that great an option in the 1 slot.

Mason wanted 3 million from St.Louis, that's why they got Halak, will he lower his demands? For 1.5/2, that would be a bargain IMO.

33Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharks re-sign Marleau, Pavelski Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:What CAN they do? They have to ice a full team and re-sign Setoguchi. Or they trade his RFA rights, or hope for an offer sheet.

One of Setoguchi or Clowe will be moved, probably for a goalie I would imagine, or perhaps for depth players to fill out their lineup (didn't they go through this last summer too?).

Maybe they lose both come to think of it.

I hope they love Heatley, he's Diddling them up the arse.

And the hottest goalie properties are reportedly Schneider and Bernier. Since VAN and SJ have dealt before, there may be a deal there?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum