GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hockey Canada announces jr. camp skaters

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hockey Canada announces jr. camp skaters Empty Hockey Canada announces jr. camp skaters Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010/06/11/sp-canada-junior-camp.html?ref=rss

Invitations were handed out on Friday for the Canadian junior hockey team's summer camp, including to five skaters from the silver medal-winning team in January.

Jared Cowen, Calvin de Haan, Ryan Ellis, Taylor Hall and Brayden Schenn are the potential returnees from the team that lost in a heartbreaker in the final in Saskatoon.

Tyler Seguin is also invited, although he and Hall are expected to be the top two picks at the NHL entry draft June 25-26 in Los Angeles, leaving their participation in the camp in doubt.

Seguin, a Plymouth Whalers forward, is ranked first among prospects by Central Scouting. He overtook Hall for top spot in the most recent set of rankings. Seguin was released from Canada's junior team last year.

Hockey Canada head scout Al Murray invited 41 forwards and defencemen to the camp, which will be held in St. John's, N.L., in August.

Hockey Canada will announce exact dates as well as the invited goaltenders at a later date.

About 35 players will be invited to a selection camp in December. From that group, head coach Dave Cameron will select his 22-player roster for the 2011 world junior championship in Buffalo, N.Y.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010/06/11/sp-canada-junior-camp.html?ref=rss#ixzz0qepxLKcp

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Other than a few names sprinkled here and there I don't see a list or a link to a list.

So wonder what happens if Cowen is picked -- would the Sens let him go? And would that depend on whether or not he makes the roster in Ottawa?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah unless he makes the Ottawa Senators, he's going. Because it is Ottawa or Spokane for him. He also needs to have a better tournament.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Even if he makes the Ottawa roster they could let him go. It would depend what kind of minutes he's playing and where the team is, standings-wise.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cameron might know how to handle Cowen a little better than Willy Wonka or whatever that tool's name was from last year.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Most likely Cowen starts in Bingo, goes to the tourney, then either finishes at Bingo or goes to Ottawa after that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Most likely Cowen starts in Bingo, goes to the tourney, then either finishes at Bingo or goes to Ottawa after that.

As far as I recall he can't play in the AHL yet. It's Spokane or the Sens for him.

Can't recall what the rule was, but it had to do with him completing 2 years of WHL and not the requisite 3 years or something like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum