GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leighton suffers high ankle sprain.

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:00 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Leighton left the game just under three minutes after the Erat goal with a high ankle sprain. He was replaced by Brian Boucher at 9:45.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=314347

- Unknown Author

2Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone else hoping we get the third seed and Philly hangs onto 6th?

- Unknown Author

3Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Funny, I was looking at the standings and the scoreboard last night, and thought of posting "Does anyone else think Philly is done?"

I think they are done, unless they can get a goalie. Is Gerber back yet? I read that the initial fear that he had fractured vertebrae was not confirmed on further examination, and he only had a spinal contusion. Recovery should be weeks, and this was back in December, so I can only assume he's fine by now.

4Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the Flyers will stay in the playoffs but whoever faces them gets a free pass directly to the second round.

- Unknown Author

5Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:21 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Philly was done way before Leighton went down. Chronically badly managed team. Look at us, we spend gobs of money and picks on Pronger, yay! Goalie? What goalie? We don't need no mother diddling goalie.

6Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know people like to rag on Leighton but he was putting up decent numbers and helped Philly get themselves back in the playoff hunt. He's most likely not the answer come playoff time but I'd hardly say that Philly was done before this injury. Unless you meant done as in there's no way they get out of the first round.

- Unknown Author

7Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I know people like to rag on Leighton but he was putting up decent numbers and helped Philly get themselves back in the playoff hunt. He's most likely not the answer come playoff time but I'd hardly say that Philly was done before this injury. Unless you meant done as in there's no way they get out of the first round.

I'm a firm believer in Leighton and Boucher - as backups. Boucher is a great goalie, but he doesn't have the mental makeup to be a number one, neither does Leighton. Leighton got the Flyers to a playoff position by posting great numbers, but at the same time the Flyers were playing amazing hockey - like the Sens were for those 11 games. Come playoff time, the entire dynamics change and your goalie has to bail you out more often. Leighton and Boucher simply aren't those guys and obviously it looks like neither are Elliott and Leclaire, but at least Elliott has won a huge championship.

8Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I know people like to rag on Leighton but he was putting up decent numbers and helped Philly get themselves back in the playoff hunt. He's most likely not the answer come playoff time but I'd hardly say that Philly was done before this injury. Unless you meant done as in there's no way they get out of the first round.

I'm a firm believer in Leighton and Boucher - as backups. Boucher is a great goalie, but he doesn't have the mental makeup to be a number one, neither does Leighton. Leighton got the Flyers to a playoff position by posting great numbers, but at the same time the Flyers were playing amazing hockey - like the Sens were for those 11 games. Come playoff time, the entire dynamics change and your goalie has to bail you out more often. Leighton and Boucher simply aren't those guys and obviously it looks like neither are Elliott and Leclaire, but at least Elliott has won a huge championship.

I guess we're in agreement then. I don't think any of Philly's goalies will get them anywhere in the playoffs but they certainly will be strong enough for them to maintain a playoff spot IMO.

- Unknown Author

9Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
I guess we're in agreement then. I don't think any of Philly's goalies will get them anywhere in the playoffs but they certainly will be strong enough for them to maintain a playoff spot IMO.

Agreed. Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. 805406

10Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:34 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Funny, I was looking at the standings and the scoreboard last night, and thought of posting "Does anyone else think Philly is done?"

I think they are done, unless they can get a goalie. Is Gerber back yet? I read that the initial fear that he had fractured vertebrae was not confirmed on further examination, and he only had a spinal contusion. Recovery should be weeks, and this was back in December, so I can only assume he's fine by now.

???

Gerber doesn't play in the NHL, and it's too late for any NHL team to sign any non-NHL players to play in the league this year. That deadline coincides with the trade deadline.

11Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:56 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the Gerber comment was a joke but point taken.

- Unknown Author

12Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:10 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think the Gerber comment was a joke but point taken.

Flyers are screwed. They needed to add a goalie at the deadline, from where ever, but they didn't. Who's Boucher's back-up now? I bet he's the starting goalie before the month is out. What a nightmare.

13Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:13 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Flyers are screwed. They needed to add a goalie at the deadline, from where ever, but they didn't. Who's Boucher's back-up now? I bet he's the starting goalie before the month is out. What a nightmare.

I still think they'll make the playoffs. I sure wish the Sens were facing them first round. It's like a free pass to round 2 for whoever faces them.

- Unknown Author

14Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes. Started out as a joke. Then I remembered he had gotten hurt quite seriously, so I looked it up and added that info to the post so as to not appear like an insensible clod.

15Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Empty Re: Leighton suffers high ankle sprain. Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:32 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
I still think they'll make the playoffs. I sure wish the Sens were facing them first round. It's like a free pass to round 2 for whoever faces them.

I wouldn't be quite so sure. 8 points up on the Thrashers, whom they play back-to-back Saturday and Sunday. If they lose to Dallas tonight and then the back to back to Atlanta, it'll be awfully close. That's even before next week starts. And they also play the Rangers home-and-home to close out the season. Those may very well be crucial games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum