GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread

+5
LeCaptain
SDH89
Bramlet07
PKC
Riprock
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:10 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Montreal, Halak and a 2nd.

No, seriously, I think this guy re-signs.

17The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Kovalchuk will go to a western conference team.

No way he'll go to Toronto The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 270956

18The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Hoags wrote:Kovalchuk will go to a western conference team.

No way he'll go to Toronto The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 270956

I don't know. No way Burke can justify missing the playoffs for the next three years. No first round picks, no one that good in the minors (Bozak and Kadri). It's going take an impact player to get the Leafs playing at an elite level.

19The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:50 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=307228

Blackhawks???
The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 O-rly-putin1

20The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:59 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

I also read some were that if Atlanta was going to trade him it would be to a Western Conference team, so keep that in mind.

21The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:59 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

LA could do a Frolov + 1st + prospect.

22The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Hawks are all about making splashes. I wouldn't be surprised if Kovalchuk landed there.

23The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Oddly enough I was going to say Calgary but I thought they wanted a centre?

Chicago cannot add Kovalchuk with Toews, Kane and Keith. They'd be handcuffed for years. They'd also have to subtract about $7-8M, and that would mean losing quite a few valuable players.

24The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Oddly enough I was going to say Calgary but I thought they wanted a centre?

Chicago cannot add Kovalchuk with Toews, Kane and Keith. They'd be handcuffed for years. They'd also have to subtract about $7-8M, and that would mean losing quite a few valuable players.

Chicago obvioulsy thinks they're bulletproof. Besides, they have highly-paid, young talent to spare.

25The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:39 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:The Hawks are all about making splashes. I wouldn't be surprised if Kovalchuk landed there.

That would mean it is just for the cup run, because a signing to Chicago just isn`t happening. Unless they miraculously trade Campbell and Hossa.

26The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:16 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:The Hawks are all about making splashes. I wouldn't be surprised if Kovalchuk landed there.

That would mean it is just for the cup run, because a signing to Chicago just isn`t happening. Unless they miraculously trade Campbell and Hossa.

They would send some salary to Atlanta to help them for next year... But yes he would only be a rental.

27The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:19 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

caissie_1 wrote:
marakh wrote:

They would send some salary to Atlanta to help them for next year... But yes he would only be a rental.

That's a "Sharp + Barker for 1 cup run" territory. Kinda lame if you ask me.

28The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ilya Kovalchuk rumour thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:16 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matthew-Barry/Rich-Hammond-Confirms-Kings-Made-Offer-For-Kovalchuk/125/25803

TIFWIT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum