GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN: Savard agrees to 7 year deal with Boston

+2
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just got a text message from TSN...

Sources tell TSN that Marc Savard has agreed to a seven year contract extension with the Boson Bruins.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow. Good for him. He clearly is the straw that stirs that drink. Sorry Chara but it looks like Savard is the key element there.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

McKenzie is saying it's a cap hit of aroun d$4.2M over the 7 years...

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/6236344471

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

The prospect of a Kessel + Savard reunion is now zero, I hear the sound of tiny Leafs' fans hearts shattering TSN: Savard agrees to 7 year deal with Boston 270956

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Wow. Good for him. He clearly is the straw that stirs that drink. Sorry Chara but it looks like Savard is the key element there.

Well in once aspect, Chara is the leader of that team, no doubt about that.

What a cap hit for Savard. Ugggggh.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Wow. Good for him. He clearly is the straw that stirs that drink. Sorry Chara but it looks like Savard is the key element there.

I would say without question that Chara is the key element in Boston. It begins and ends with him. Savard is another big player, but nowhere near as important as Chara IMO.

I wonder how Chara's negotiations are gonna go. That will tell the story.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:What a cap hit for Savard. Ugggggh.

1.We signed the contracts for Heatley and Spezza a year too early (not our fault) and it's gonna cost us cap space big time.

2.He'll be 40 when the contract ends as opposed to early 30s for Spezza and Heately.

3.Holy Dung, what a cap hit. Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now wait...are you saying you like the cap hit of Savard, or dislike it?

SpezDispenser wrote:Now wait...are you saying you like the cap hit of Savard, or dislike it?

Love it and hate it because it actually makes someone's contract in Ottawa look soooooo much frigging worse, AGAIN!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Now wait...are you saying you like the cap hit of Savard, or dislike it?

Love it and hate it because it actually makes someone's contract in Ottawa look soooooo much frigging worse, AGAIN!

Things have changed since then.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I'm sure it's a front-loaded contract where Savard gets about 600K in each of the final 2 years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:I'm sure it's a front-loaded contract where Savard gets about 600K in each of the final 2 years.

Probably.

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:What a cap hit for Savard. Ugggggh.

1.We signed the contracts for Heatley and Spezza a year too early (not our fault) and it's gonna cost us cap space big time.

2.He'll be 40 when the contract ends as opposed to early 30s for Spezza and Heately.

3.Holy Dung, what a cap hit. Facepalm

Thats it right there, Spezza had a loooong way to go before UFA status at the time as well... it's a bad contract for Ottawa.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Thomas/Rask, Chara and Savard are the core. I don'T think they win a lot of games if one of them has a bad game/is injured, so there's no really consensus MVP IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum