GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts

+24
SensHulk
dennycrane
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Riprock
Sens19
asq2
caissie_1
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SensGirl11
KidKarlsson
TeamRenzo
Devo
TheAvatar
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
shabbs
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 29]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Regin was fantastic. He played wing with Fish and Shannon, correct? He looked great, really great. I thought that maybe there was something there that might be interesting.

Diddle, that's a huge win, a hard one to digest. Really great third period. Really hard nosed effort. I'm...very happy at the effort and the execution. Whew.

Actually Winchester was centering that line initially. They created scoring chances on their first 2 shifts, including the Regin goal. Winchester was rewarded by being busted down to the 4th line.

Are you suggesting the Sens would have been better off leaving Regin, Winchester and Shannon together? It sure didn't look too good after that goal and through the second period.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Regin was fantastic. He played wing with Fish and Shannon, correct? He looked great, really great. I thought that maybe there was something there that might be interesting.

Diddle, that's a huge win, a hard one to digest. Really great third period. Really hard nosed effort. I'm...very happy at the effort and the execution. Whew.

Actually Winchester was centering that line initially. They created scoring chances on their first 2 shifts, including the Regin goal. Winchester was rewarded by being busted down to the 4th line.

Are you suggesting the Sens would have been better off leaving Regin, Winchester and Shannon together? It sure didn't look too good after that goal and through the second period.

Actually in the second period it was musical centers with Fisher playing with Alfie and Michalek and Spezza dropped to the second line then brought back up and Fisher ended up in between Regin and Shannon.

I'm not suggesting anything, just that Winchester got stiffed.

ddt

Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:Actually Winchester was centering that line initially. They created scoring chances on their first 2 shifts, including the Regin goal. Winchester was rewarded by being busted down to the 4th line.

I'd hardly call it being busted down to the fourth line, since he started the game on the fourth line. Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ddt wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Actually Winchester was centering that line initially. They created scoring chances on their first 2 shifts, including the Regin goal. Winchester was rewarded by being busted down to the 4th line.

I'd hardly call it being busted down to the fourth line, since he started the game on the fourth line. GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 22 270956

OK then. When you go from a successful line to being relegated to playing with Hands of Stone Kelly and Choochoo, what do you call that? I'm not going to argue about this. That's what happened and I didn't care for it.

Spezza had some really tough shifts and Alfredsson was not great. I'd say Fisher, Kuba and Phillips were the best Senators last night with Regin and Winchester not far behind.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:Speaking of A-Train, we may get him back for next game... we'll see...

At this point, with the wins racking up, I wouldn't be surprised if they held him out another game even if he's close to returning. No need to rush him back at this point.

I would expect if he is to return early it will be against Columbus on Thursday. I don't see him making the trip to NJ and playing in back to back games to make his comeback.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Actually in the second period it was musical centers with Fisher playing with Alfie and Michalek and Spezza dropped to the second line then brought back up and Fisher ended up in between Regin and Shannon.

I'm not suggesting anything, just that Winchester got stiffed.

Whatever works. If it was musical centers it was Clouston trying anything to get his team going. Winchester just wasn't in the combination that ended up working. Do you think Clouston intentionally shuffled the lines making sure Winchester got stiffed?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm still pissed that we dropped a 2-0 lead to Fraudeur and his band of boring buddies last time around. They better make up for it tomorrow! GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 22 555492

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm still pissed that we dropped a 2-0 lead to Fraudeur and his band of boring buddies last time around. They better make up for it tomorrow! GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 22 555492

That one really angered up my blood. It's pay back time.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Whatever works. If it was musical centers it was Clouston trying anything to get his team going. Winchester just wasn't in the combination that ended up working. Do you think Clouston intentionally shuffled the lines making sure Winchester got stiffed?

My point is he was in a combination that was working but he got screwed over because Spezza couldn't get his Dung together pretty much. I don't think it was intentional at all, just tough luck for a guy that was having a good game.

N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Great positives from this game as well. Great battle to get back into that game. 15 shots going into the third and I think we took 18 in the 3rd alone. That's way more like it. Why that didn't happen earlier, I'm not sure.

Carkner was really calm. Picard was great, I'm feeling that he's cutting down on his crappy games and his good games are worth it. I hope he's learning consistency, because when he plays like this, he's great.

Kuba's a rock star. What does he have, 10 points in 3 games? It's something like that. See what happens when you put the puck in the net?

Shannon, Regin and Fisher together was fun, Neil was fun, Ruutu was GREAT, Kelly was good.

Alfie and Spezza weren't their typical selves, they need to bounce back, but if you can turn the tables and come back on the Caps - who are missing Semin, but we're missing A-Train - you have some positives to take out for sure.

GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 22 805406

Dont know about that... everything is becoming very typical for him. Really think we might see the end of Spezza if he doesnt pick things up.

Somehow I don't see Murray rushing to try and move a big ticket player with issues and a NTC. I don't see how he gets moved, or to whom, if he's got any say (which he most certainly does).

20000% Edmonton. Not now but if Edmonton continues to go down hill like they are, I can see it before that NTC kicks in. Again, we all know that they were and are high on him, or any big name player.

Well, let's hope he's alot more open to Edmonton than Heatley was. I'll take the Heatley package for Spezza and Cheechoo (Yes, I'm saying it. I love his work ethic, but need some production for $3 million.)

I thought his NTC kicked in on July 1st? Are you suggesting it's not?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

His NTC kicks in or kicked in (not sure which) once his "RFA" years are up.

- Unknown Author

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

wow--the sens are impressing me--that i admit--i like how they battled yesterday--see i give the compliments also

now the habs the are blamming latendresse for some of the problems--sure, why not, lets not blame the guy that pays gomez 7mil for 2 goals--its everybody elses fault but never the fault of the person who formed this team--gainey always gets a pass in montreal--sure --it can't be his fault--no way

Spezza's play will pick up. It has to. I mean, the guy has played with the same line pairing his entire career and probably needs a bit more time to adjust.

I thought he played very well Saturday and he just needs to shoot the puck more. He's done well in the shootout which is a nice change, and he's penalty killing now a lot more than he did last year. Maybe that's the problem there. With Ottawa being penalized so often maybe Spezza is getting tired from the PK? With Ottawa's new focus on trying to stay out of the box, and With Kuba back and Kovalev back soon, expect Spezza to see a lot more powerplay points. Road trips are also good for team bonding which may be just about the best thing for Spezza right now. I don't see him getting traded this year though if he does, I'd imagine Edmonton would be his most likely destination

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:wow--the sens are impressing me--that i admit--i like how they battled yesterday--see i give the compliments also

now the habs the are blamming latendresse for some of the problems--sure, why not, lets not blame the guy that pays gomez 7mil for 2 goals--its everybody elses fault but never the fault of the person who formed this team--gainey always gets a pass in montreal--sure --it can't be his fault--no way

I think the Sens are starting to impress a lot of people, Sens fans included.

You do know there's a thread about the Latendress trade eh? You can rant and vent about it in there too. Smile

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ddt wrote:And let's not forget the biggest news from last night, which surprisingly no one has mentioned yet. 3 of the 4 goals cam on deflections, meaning traffic in front of the net, something we've all been screaming for. And the PP goal, even though it wasn't actually deflected, it still shows everything I love about Michalek in a nutshell. He's the main reason they've been getting better results on the PP lately, always in the goalie's face.

Yeah, Michalek's sexiest attributes are his size, speed and net drive, but the fact that he uses his size to screen goalies and get deflections is very refreshing to see. We always thought the Sens would be better with a big guy like that in front of the net - Heatley wasn't the answer obviously - this is great to see with Milan out there. And the D getting the shots on net - or taking shots period!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
sidstu wrote:wow--the sens are impressing me--that i admit--i like how they battled yesterday--see i give the compliments also

I think the Sens are starting to impress a lot of people, Sens fans included.

You do know there's a thread about the Latendress trade eh? You can rant and vent about it in there too. GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 22 54934

The Latendresse thread is more about Poulet than Guimauve at this point.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:His NTC kicks in or kicked in (not sure which) once his "RFA" years are up.
Spezza's NTC kicks in on July 1st, 2010.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Devo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:Speaking of A-Train, we may get him back for next game... we'll see...

At this point, with the wins racking up, I wouldn't be surprised if they held him out another game even if he's close to returning. No need to rush him back at this point.

I would expect if he is to return early it will be against Columbus on Thursday. I don't see him making the trip to NJ and playing in back to back games to make his comeback.
Good point... forgot about the back to back. Then we may also see Leclaire in Columbus if he's OK to go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum