GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Basement Bowl - Leafs @ Hurricanes - Thu. Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 7:00pm EST

+4
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

and toronto loses again

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

The Leafs of the past few season have to be one of the worst in league history at protecting a lead.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

By the way, for those that missed it, there was a pretty exciting finish for this one. 'Canes clawed back from a 3-0 and 4-3 deficit when White scored with under 30 seconds left, but the Canes again managed to tie it.

Ruutu and Jokinen (who is almost unstoppable) ruined Gustavsson's first career shoot-out. Kessel and Stempniak missed for the Leafs.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:By the way, for those that missed it, there was a pretty exciting finish for this one. 'Canes clawed back from a 3-0 and 4-3 deficit when White scored with under 30 seconds left, but the Canes again managed to tie it.

Ruutu and Jokinen (who is almost unstoppable) ruined Gustavsson's first career shoot-out. Kessel and Stempniak missed for the Leafs.

Man, these Canes tonight looked like that tenacious group that was stealing games right out of the hands of their opponents in these past playoffs.

Who would have figured that before this game started this would end up being one of the most entertaining games of the year so far?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs have hit rock bottom. No doubt about it. That was horrendous.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gustavsson got absolutely undressed in the shootout. Wow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He looked very weak. The only other shootout I've seen him in was when he pulled his groin when Aflie undressed him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next up for the Leafs is the Caps on Saturday night... this could get very ugly.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:He looked very weak. The only other shootout I've seen him in was when he pulled his groin when Aflie undressed him.
Yeah, that was his first "shootout" appearance. Alfie's was a penalty shot. He has not fared well in those situations.

Is it wrong to take delight in this?

I have a long standing hatred for the Leaves and a fundamental belief that Burke is an over-rated blowhard.

Doesn't this count as serendipity?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bathe in the glory... soak it all in... grin from ear to ear... these are good times.

Wink

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Bathe in the glory... soak it all in... grin from ear to ear... these are good times.

Wink

Except for the fact that arguably our toughest division rival stands to gain HUGE from this. If Boston gets a Seguin, Hall, Fowler, Kabanov out of this, that's very not good for the rest of the division.

MurderOnIce wrote:Is it wrong to take delight in this?

I have a long standing hatred for the Leaves and a fundamental belief that Burke is an over-rated blowhard.

Doesn't this count as serendipity?

That's the only thing I really enjoy because it's 100% true. Most over rated GM in NHL history.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PKC wrote:
shabbs wrote:Bathe in the glory... soak it all in... grin from ear to ear... these are good times.

Wink

Except for the fact that arguably our toughest division rival stands to gain HUGE from this. If Boston gets a Seguin, Hall, Fowler, Kabanov out of this, that's very not good for the rest of the division.
Well, that is totally out of our control so I don't even think about it. Nothing we can do really. I agree though, while it is undeniably awesome to see the Leafs suck so hard... the prize that Boston gets because of it is scary.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Funniest three pages to read ever....

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=705169&page=27

Pages 27, 28 and 29 are an epic read as Leaf fans hoist White on their shoulders for scoring the go ahead goal with under a minute to play and then puke their guts out as the game slips away on a last second goal by Cole.

Beautiful.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The sound of crying Leafs fans fills my heart with joy. The Basement Bowl - Leafs @ Hurricanes - Thu. Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 7:00pm EST - Page 3 Herz

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Can't wait for the Leafs/Caps game on Saturday.

OVIE MAD!!! OVIE DESTROY!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tuomo Ruutu undressing Gustavsson in the shootout...

The Basement Bowl - Leafs @ Hurricanes - Thu. Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 7:00pm EST - Page 3 198af2634533ad459345e485d779

Beauty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum