GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Theodore Takes Leave From Capitals - Ovechkin Returns

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Canwest News Service

Published: Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Washington Capitals goaltender Jose Theodore has left the team for personal reasons and has returned to Washington.

The Capitals, who are scheduled to play in New York against the Rangers on Tuesday night, recalled goaltender Michal Neuvirth from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League to fill in for Theodore. Neuvirth will back up Semyon Varlamov against the Rangers.

The Capitals expect Theodore to return to the team on Wednesday,
In 14 games this season, the 33-year-old Theodore has posted a record of 5-3-4 with a 3.24 goals-against average.

Meanwhile, Tuesday night's game will see the return of Alex Ovechkin to the Capitals lineup. The two-time National Hockey League MVP missed six games with an upper-body injury.

Ovechkin is tied for the league lead in goals with 14.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Theodore Takes Leave From Capitals - Ovechkin Returns 159628

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Playing well for Washington. Guy's had a shaky career and he is finally looking steady and this happens. He and his wife lost a child this year did they not?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, that was just a few months ago, back in August.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum