GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Michael Liambis hit

+2
wprager
Riprock
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Michael Liambis hit - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Liambis hit Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:28 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:Fractured skull is from his helmet coming off and his head hitting the ice. I said this before in the Phanuef hit thread, if someone ever gets hurt or killed its because their helmet comes off because it was strapped up properly... almost happend.
I've never understood why guys wear their straps loose. I remember a few NHl'ers being asked about that and they said "because it looked cool". They didn't want it all tight around the chin.

I agree though, a properly tightened chin strap will keep that helmet on no matter how hard you get hit.

I'd like to see them check the chin straps before every game and make them tighten them up.

When I played rugby, we'd all have to line up on the 22-meter line on our knees with our hands behind our backs and our mouth guards in our hands. The ref would walk the line and check all the metal cleats to make sure none were sharp and broke the rules, and that we had a proper mouth guard and nothing on our hands like a ring or watch.

Yeah they still do that in rugby. And in one of my adult beginner hockey games, a teammate was sent off the ice until he got a strap on his helmet (it was either his chin strap or his cage strap he was missing). So the ref's do look out for this.

Some kids also go for this "goon cage"look where they have a gap in the cage and helmet, where the chin is inches from the cup. All for look, and nullifies the safety and integrity of the helmet and cage.

17Michael Liambis hit - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Liambis hit Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:06 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Apparently, Mike's been suspended for the remainder of the season and the playoffs for this hit.

18Michael Liambis hit - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Liambis hit Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/ohl-announces-disciplinary-action---game-of-october-30-2009---erie-otters-at-kitchener-rangers-p138647

posted this in another thread..

Branch to be on FAN 590 in 20 minutes

19Michael Liambis hit - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Liambis hit Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Liambis is back in the news, this time while playing in the CIS.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/u-of-a-hockey-captain-suffers-concussion-after-on-ice-attack/article1922317/

Liambis, playing with UBC, attacked University of Alberta Captain Eric Hunter in what is being described as a "Bertuzzi-esque" attack.

Enough is enough with this guy - no more chances at all. Shouldn't be allowed playing hockey at any level.

20Michael Liambis hit - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Liambis hit Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:40 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ben Fanelli has just been cleared to return. That's almost 2 full years since being hit. Ahhhhh!

21Michael Liambis hit - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Liambis hit Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Indeed. It's nice to hear he's able to give it another shot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum