GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Randy Jones claimed by LA

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Randy Jones claimed by LA Empty Randy Jones claimed by LA Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just heard he was claimed by LA on re-entry (per Bob McKenzie).

2Randy Jones claimed by LA Empty Re: Randy Jones claimed by LA Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Philly gets to enjoy half his cap hit.

3Randy Jones claimed by LA Empty Re: Randy Jones claimed by LA Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, that sucks for them big time. Randy Jones claimed by LA 270956

4Randy Jones claimed by LA Empty Re: Randy Jones claimed by LA Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:56 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, that sucks for them big time. Randy Jones claimed by LA 270956

When you lose a guy to re-entry, you do it on purpose. You have to recall the player in question, and you usually only do it because you know some other GM is interested. This was nothing other than a calculated step by PHI. Just sayin'.

I believe Gagne just went on LTIR, too, btw.

5Randy Jones claimed by LA Empty Re: Randy Jones claimed by LA Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, that sucks for them big time. Randy Jones claimed by LA 270956

When you lose a guy to re-entry, you do it on purpose. You have to recall the player in question, and you usually only do it because you know some other GM is interested. This was nothing other than a calculated step by PHI. Just sayin'.

You're right, I was gonna say the same thing. What I mean was they put themselves in a position that they wanted to clear his salary one way or another and now they have to absorb half his salary to do so - which sucks for them because they don't have too much wiggle room.

It sucked for us too with Schubert, but it's quite calculated. Good call there Poo.

6Randy Jones claimed by LA Empty Re: Randy Jones claimed by LA Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

You're right, I was gonna say the same thing. What I mean was they put themselves in a position that they wanted to clear his salary one way or another and now they have to absorb half his salary to do so - which sucks for them because they don't have too much wiggle room.

It sucked for us too with Schubert, but it's quite calculated. Good call there Poo.
Calculated no doubt... I guess they felt they had no other option.

7Randy Jones claimed by LA Empty Re: Randy Jones claimed by LA Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:57 pm

rooneypoo wrote:

Two hernias. This guy can't catch a break. I would think this pretty well kills any chance he had at Vancouver even if he's back in time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum