GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keeping Tabs on the minors

+2
spader
Devo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Keeping Tabs on the minors Empty Keeping Tabs on the minors Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:02 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Hey guys,

I'm new here and love the format. I just thought I'd let you know that the American hockey league has a service similar to the NHL which will broadcast games live over the web. They also allow you to see archived games.

I'm waiting for the pricing on the "Team Pass" which will allow you to subscribe to see all of 1 teams games.

THe link is below for anyone intersted.

http://ahl.neulion.com/team/console.jsp

Devo

2Keeping Tabs on the minors Empty Re: Keeping Tabs on the minors Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:06 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, good to know Devo.

Also, welcome to the forum!!!

3Keeping Tabs on the minors Empty Re: Keeping Tabs on the minors Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:36 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

sweet, now I will actually be able to watch the B-Sens play a game, awesome.

4Keeping Tabs on the minors Empty Re: Keeping Tabs on the minors Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

$149.99 for the team pass, or approximately $374 for all the games. How can they get away with that pricing when the NHL package is only $149.99?

all terms USD

5Keeping Tabs on the minors Empty Re: Keeping Tabs on the minors Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

spader wrote:$149.99 for the team pass, or approximately $374 for all the games. How can they get away with that pricing when the NHL package is only $149.99?

all terms USD

Quite simply, there is a loyal following of fans of AHL teams, but trying to watch a game on TV is much like trying to watch a AAA baseball game. They are basically offereing a chance to watch your team play, and for that it will cost you

6Keeping Tabs on the minors Empty Re: Keeping Tabs on the minors Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is this free or is it 150? From Spader's shock, I'd say it's 150, which would make me sad.

7Keeping Tabs on the minors Empty Re: Keeping Tabs on the minors Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:56 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks, and welcome.

That's a bit of a price, though. Maybe if we had Cowen, Lehner and Wiercioch playing there...

8Keeping Tabs on the minors Empty Re: Keeping Tabs on the minors Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I think I'm gonna stick to Over the edge's 30 minutes live from Bingo every wednesday Keeping Tabs on the minors Icon_wink

9Keeping Tabs on the minors Empty Re: Keeping Tabs on the minors Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

I'll commit to giving everyone an update, I'm going to keep tabs, but more because a family friend is playing in Bingo.

As an aside there is a free preview night October 23 (this friday) go here for info, but Bingo is playing Syracuse.

http://ahl.neulion.com/team/freenight.htm

If the stream is decent that night with all the people watching the free broadcast then I'm going to subscribe.

10Keeping Tabs on the minors Empty Re: Keeping Tabs on the minors Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:I'll commit to giving everyone an update, I'm going to keep tabs, but more because a family friend is playing in Bingo.

As an aside there is a free preview night October 23 (this friday) go here for info, but Bingo is playing Syracuse.

If the stream is decent that night with all the people watching the free broadcast then I'm going to subscribe.

Boing! Can you get an interview with him (and who is it?). Keeping Tabs on the minors 805406

11Keeping Tabs on the minors Empty Re: Keeping Tabs on the minors Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:26 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
Devo wrote:I'll commit to giving everyone an update, I'm going to keep tabs, but more because a family friend is playing in Bingo.

Boing! Can you get an interview with him (and who is it?). Keeping Tabs on the minors 805406

I'll ask. My parents and his parents are close, but I've never really hung out with him. A) he's younger than me, and B) we lived in different places so we really only know each other to say hi and make small talk.

I can see if I can get him to pop in to interview

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum