GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

B's extend Lucic

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1B's extend Lucic Empty B's extend Lucic Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=294000

3 more years at $12.25 total.

2B's extend Lucic Empty Re: B's extend Lucic Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:47 pm

Hunh?....that's WAY too much.

3B's extend Lucic Empty Re: B's extend Lucic Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:54 pm

DirtyDave wrote:Hunh?....that's WAY too much.

Can't answer that until the end of this year, honestly. 20 plus goals I would say that about right.

4B's extend Lucic Empty Re: B's extend Lucic Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:55 pm

N4L wrote:

Can't answer that until the end of this year, honestly. 20 plus goals I would say that about right.

Disagree, what has he done to earn that? Contracts are generally paid on what players have done not will do

5B's extend Lucic Empty Re: B's extend Lucic Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:59 pm

It's an extention and if they think he is a top line player (which is where he is palying) and the other things he brings, could be a good signing. I dunno, it might over paying a bit but not by much and has the potential to be a sweet deal.

I'm somewhere in the middle... Id rather have him then Kessel, put it that way.

6B's extend Lucic Empty Re: B's extend Lucic Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They must have high hopes for Lucic. Wow. I guess we'll see...

7B's extend Lucic Empty Re: B's extend Lucic Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:31 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

must expect him to increase his out put from his 42points

8B's extend Lucic Empty Re: B's extend Lucic Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:50 pm

DirtyDave wrote:
N4L wrote:

Disagree, what has he done to earn that? Contracts are generally paid on what players have done not will do
There is nobody in the league right now that has the combination of talents that Lucic has. If the Bruins let him get to next summer there would be Offer Sheets for sure. This is a guy would strikes fear into opposing players AND is a genuine top 6 guy. Great resigning, although does this mean the end of Wheeler or Savard ? Time will tell.

9B's extend Lucic Empty Re: B's extend Lucic Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:31 pm

RobbyJ wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
N4L wrote:

There is nobody in the league right now that has the combination of talents that Lucic has. If the Bruins let him get to next summer there would be Offer Sheets for sure. This is a guy would strikes fear into opposing players AND is a genuine top 6 guy. Great resigning, although does this mean the end of Wheeler or Savard ? Time will tell.

Agreed. He may not be worth that money on stats alone, but stats alone don't tell the whole story sometimes. I'd pay that much to have him on the Sens. After all these years, we are still missing the prototypical top line power forward.

10B's extend Lucic Empty Re: B's extend Lucic Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If there's one guy who deserves that kind of coin on his 2nd contract, I think he's the guy. He's only going to get...better... :****:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum