GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The story behind goaliepost.com going to a pay registration mode

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, I had a chat with Jeff who runs the site goaliepost.com. He actually sent me a note asking if I had visited it this year as I helped him out quite a bit with Sens info last year. I told him that I had visited the site and was quite disappointed to see it had gone to a pay-mode and was not planning on signing up. I told him I was disappointed because I felt the info was sourced primarily from other free sources and people like me who sent in links/info with confirmed starting goalies. It was not the cost that I took objection to, but the principle of it.

Jeff said that last year there was a group of guys that for some reason took objection to the site because a couple of times the info wasn't 100% accurate. They started sending in bogus info for starting goalies every week using links to old games or games from last year to make it look legit. The resulted in Jeff getting spun like crazy and having to take down info he had posted and then research on his own to confirm the real info. He was providing a free service and these guys were making it not worth his while. He was going to abandon the site entirely but had some conversations with regulars and the decision was made to set it up as a $10 fee for registering in order to keep these "trolls" away and ensure the data posted was as accurate as possible.

Hearing that, I can understand the reasons behind Jeff's decisions and I am certainly considering signing up. I'll view the $10 fee as a donation to the site to keep it going strong as it was a site that I, and others on here, relied on for good info.

Check out the site: http://goaliepost.com/

So, I'd suggest you take that info into consideration if you were as miffed as I was about GP going to a pay mode. It's a shame that a few trolls have to ruin it for everyone, but that's the way it is. Jeff could have decided to charge more or make it a monthly fee, but he set the fee pretty low at $10 for the entire season.

Note - I am not affiliated with the GP site nor am I receiving anything from the site by posting this or promoting this. If the owners here take objection to this post, let me know. I was a big fan of the site last year, helped them out and referenced the data in my Game Day posts and thought this info would be helpful to share.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I respect that Shabbs, very much actually. I learned from Dave that if you just approach these people, there are answers to questions. That Power Rankings thing from MaxPower that had the Sens at 26 or something ridiculous like that - I e-mailed him and he explained himself (still wrong, but at least these people take the time).

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Soooo - can you post the starting goalies here when you know - thanks. The story behind goaliepost.com going to a pay registration mode 455378

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum