GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The drama continues on Long Island... Wang looking at relocation

+2
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wang's Lighthouse project just never seems to be getting the serious looks from City council and deadline after deadline has passed. He's gotta be getting fed up with how slowly things are going. He just wants an answer... YES or NO... but can't seem to get anything firm from the city.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=293659

Is this just stupid politics? It sounds like he wants to do something pretty significant and help generate a revitalization of sorts that really should benefit the city. I'm not sure of all the financial details though.

His patience has to be running very thin... perhaps they'll end up in KC before the 'Yotes?

The drama continues on Long Island... Wang looking at relocation Icon_wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Wang's Lighthouse project just never seems to be getting the serious looks from City council and deadline after deadline has passed. He's gotta be getting fed up with how slowly things are going. He just wants an answer... YES or NO... but can't seem to get anything firm from the city.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=293659

Is this just stupid politics? It sounds like he wants to do something pretty significant and help generate a revitalization of sorts that really should benefit the city. I'm not sure of all the financial details though.

His patience has to be running very thin... perhaps they'll end up in KC before the 'Yotes?

The drama continues on Long Island... Wang looking at relocation Icon_wink

Good for him. Those Long Island councillors remind me of the shame Dung they have in Ottawa. How's that real-estate development, er, football expansion plan coming along?

The other option we might see is a sweetheart deal for Wang like Leipold got. Chuck ends up with the Yotes and some sucker or charlatan ends up with the Isles.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Good for him. Those Long Island councillors remind me of the shame Dung they have in Ottawa. How's that real-estate development, er, football expansion plan coming along?

The other option we might see is a sweetheart deal for Wang like Leipold got. Chuck ends up with the Yotes and some sucker or charlatan ends up with the Isles.

Heeeeeeeeeeere's Jimmy!

The drama continues on Long Island... Wang looking at relocation Jimbo_11

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:

Heeeeeeeeeeere's Jimmy!

He might better his chances if he can establish that his long-time nickname is "Boots".

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Heeeeeeeeeeere's Jimmy!

He might better his chances if he can establish that his long-time nickname is "Boots".

What, and give up "Balls"?
The drama continues on Long Island... Wang looking at relocation 668437

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jim "Balls to Boots" Balsillie...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Shouldn't it be Boots to Balls? Sounds nastier me thinks.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Shouldn't it be Boots to Balls? Sounds nastier me thinks.
HA HA!

My bad... unless he's teabagging some boots...

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Be smart here Wang, don't move them to KC or Portland, explore your options (now would be the time to move that franchise to Hamilton).

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Oh man; wouldn't that put a grimace on Jim's face Smile

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Heeeeeeeeeeere's Jimmy!

What, and give up "Balls"?
The drama continues on Long Island... Wang looking at relocation 668437

Not wiseguy-ish enough. Sounds too much like a supplier of clever disguises to the French Sureté. But that's just me.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:Oh man; wouldn't that put a grimace on Jim's face Smile

Yep, and it would 100% serve him right IMO.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Makes a lot of sense to bring the Islanders there. Hey instant winning tradition for a team in the Leafs back yard. The Hamilton Islanders just doesn't make sense though. Oh well new name I guess. How about the Mainlanders The drama continues on Long Island... Wang looking at relocation 503175

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum