GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded

+14
SensFan71
Vandelay
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
Phoenix30
PKC
PTFlea
Sens19
asq2
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

To Phoenix:
Lee
Zubov
Ott 1st round pick

To Ottawa:
Pho 1st round pick

ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 2 455378

Can you imagine?. A lottery pick for sure. ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 2 639591 Hall, Fowler...

I'd definitely have to go with a forward. I don't think it'd be legal to add someone like Fowler to our group of defence prospects.

Then again, the Penguins were able to draft Malkin, Crosby and Staal in three successive drafts...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
I'd definitely have to go with a forward. I don't think it'd be legal to add someone like Fowler to our group of defence prospects.

Then again, the Penguins were able to draft Malkin, Crosby and Staal in three successive drafts...

Can you imagine? Whoever the heck GMs Phoenix (is it Maloney?) would be drawn and quartered. Cowen - Karlsson - Wiercioch - Fowler - Volchenkov - Lee :****:

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

To Phoenix:
Lee
Zubov
Ott 1st round pick

To Ottawa:
Pho 1st round pick

ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 2 455378

Can you imagine?. A lottery pick for sure. ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 2 639591 Hall, Fowler...

Our defense would be generational 5 years down the line when they are all entering their prime....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Our defense would be generational 5 years down the line when they are all entering their prime....

It still might be actually. Ahhhhh! FingersCrossed But yeah, imagine adding another young stud to our blue line.

Still can't pass up Hall, though. If by some miracle we got that pick and they bottomed out, there isn't a debate.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Can you imagine? Whoever the heck GMs Phoenix (is it Maloney?) would be drawn and quartered. Cowen - Karlsson - Wiercioch - Fowler - Volchenkov - Lee ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 2 718821

Leclaire
Elliott
Lehner

ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 2 639591

As Cas points out, though, it'd be damn tough to pass on Hall. I think we need him more than another d-man.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:Still can't pass up Hall, though. If by some miracle we got that pick and they bottomed out, there isn't a debate.

You never know...I agree with you just because Hall has been projected to go first overall since about last year, but who knows where both guys are this time next draft.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Can you imagine? Whoever the heck GMs Phoenix (is it Maloney?) would be drawn and quartered. Cowen - Karlsson - Wiercioch - Fowler - Volchenkov - Lee ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 2 718821

Leclaire
Elliott
Lehner

ZUbov asks to be traded? UPDATE: MIsquote: ZUbov AND the Organisation think he might be traded - Page 2 639591

As Cas points out, though, it'd be damn tough to pass on Hall. I think we need him more than another d-man.

Without a question, but damn our team would be just unreal in five years' time. Our goaltending and defense would be potentially light years ahead of anyone else's, with the possible exception of Los Angeles.

PKC wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:Still can't pass up Hall, though. If by some miracle we got that pick and they bottomed out, there isn't a debate.

You never know...I agree with you just because Hall has been projected to go first overall since about last year, but who knows where both guys are this time next draft.

Thats a fair point, but Hall would have been in the discussion for 1st overall this year... He will be a runaway Imo...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

It's a moot point, anyway, as I suspect they'll hang on to that pick like grim death.

A successful season, though, could put us in a very good position with Cowen on his way in. Either Campoli or Volchenkov, plus our first and second, could be dangled to try to move into the top-10 and grab a very nice forward prospect (Tarasenko, Connolly, Toffoli, McFarland, Hishon, Pulkkinen, Granlund etc.)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In all seriousness though, what can we get for Zubov? Can we possibly get a different prospect forward or is that just a waste for the other team? Can we get a 4th rounder, do we want a 4th rounder?

What a pain, I don't know this guy's worth. Not much though, that's for sure.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:
PKC wrote:

Thats a fair point, but Hall would have been in the discussion for 1st overall this year... He will be a runaway Imo...

He'll go first, but I bet Kabanov and Fowler will make it close.

asq2 wrote:It's a moot point, anyway, as I suspect they'll hang on to that pick like grim death.

A successful season, though, could put us in a very good position with Cowen on his way in. Either Campoli or Volchenkov, plus our first and second, could be dangled to try to move into the top-10 and grab a very nice forward prospect (Tarasenko, Connolly, Toffoli, McFarland, Hishon, Pulkkinen, Granlund etc.)

The nice thing about having legit prospects rising through the ranks is that we can afford to move guys with actual value.

asq2 wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:
PKC wrote:

He'll go first, but I bet Kabanov and Fowler will make it close.

You really put Fowler in the 1st overall discussion?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:
asq2 wrote:It's a moot point, anyway, as I suspect they'll hang on to that pick like grim death.

The nice thing about having legit prospects rising through the ranks is that we can afford to move guys with actual value.

Absolutely. If all goes well, we'll have a good chance of adding a very solid piece to our forward ranks.

I get that Fowler is a top-5, likely top-3 pick, but is he really in the game for that 1st overall spot?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:I get that Fowler is a top-5, likely top-3 pick, but is he really in the game for that 1st overall spot?

He's got the potential, but I don't think he's as much of a competitor to Hall as Hedman was to Tavares. I don't think you'll see very many mocks right now that don't have Fowler at #2.

Kabanov is the most talented, explosive player in the draft. If he were Canadian, he'd probably be the first over-all pick.

Of course, Hall also benefits immensely from having a playoff MVP and Memorial Cup to his name.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

And probably a WJC Gold soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum