GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shanahan to remain a Ranger...Signing imminent

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey all,

Just came across a tidbit from another source and apparently, Shanahan looks to be signing for another season with the Blue Shirts.

Expect an announcement shortly.

While I would have loved to see what he could do in Sens uni, sadly it wasn't meant to be. However, he will do well with the Rangers again and they will certainly be a team that will surprise many this upcoming season, at least that's my feeling.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Hey all,

Just came across a tidbit from another source and apparently, Shanahan looks to be signing for another season with the Blue Shirts.

While I would have loved to see what he could do in Sens uni, sadly it wasn't meant to be. However, he will do well with the Rangers again and they will certainly be a team that will surprise many this upcoming season, at least that's my feeling.

I agree. Their team is a tough one to call though. It could go either way.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

Agreed. One team I'm going to pay particular attention to is the Bruins. They are going to be a force to be reckoned with IMHO; whereas my gut is telling me TB will tank... I mean no disrespect, it's just my gut feeling.

Weird, I just caught a rumor of Higgins to LA for Patty O'!! Shocked!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

Agreed. One team I'm going to pay particular attention to is the Bruins. They are going to be a force to be reckoned with IMHO; whereas my gut is telling me TB will tank... I mean no disrespect, it's just my gut feeling.

Cool. I agree with you on TB because one of their problems was the D and they didn't really address that IMO and in fact made it worse by trading away Boyle.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

Cool. I agree with you on TB because one of their problems was the D and they didn't really address that IMO and in fact made it worse by trading away Boyle.

Oh yeah, that Boyle trade will bite them in arse, that's for sure...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really? I'm actually surprised by that. I thought Shanny would be moving on to a different team.

I wouldn't bet that the Rangers are gonna make the playoffs even to be honest. I don't like their team in the least, with the exception of their goalie of course. I like Gomez, but he's worth 5 million tops, I like Drury, but he's worth 5 million tops, I think Redden could rebound, but I wouldn't pay him 6.5 million X 6 years if my life depended on it. Naslund might find himself slumping beyond belief. He's on a team with fans that'll kill him if he sucks.

I actually don't like the makeup of the Rangers at all. I'm really, really surprised they didn't get a real GM and do things properly.

The Bruins are gonna be incredible. There's a team that did it right in terms of drafting and careful signings (Ryder was a lot of $$, but I like him). If their goaltending keeps up - look out.

TB is dead. They'll be lucky to be a 500 team IMO. No D, interesting offense and no goalie.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree with you 504Heater. I see the Rangers having a good chance to surprise though.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Rangers are far too soft, just liek Avery pointed out the other day. I don't expect much out of them, they were a much better team last year.

Who will they let go to get under the cap? Unless they get him signed for under $1.2 million.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:

Rangers are far too soft, just liek Avery pointed out the other day. I don't expect much out of them, they were a much better team last year.

Who will they let go to get under the cap? Unless they get him signed for under $1.2 million.

You mean where Avery specifically called out Wade Redden and Marcus Naslund, saying that they will be crushed by the pressure?

He's right. For once.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

{/quote]

You mean where Avery specifically called out Wade Redden and Marcus Naslund, saying that they will be crushed by the pressure?

He's right. For once.[/quote]
Exactly, they lost Jagr who was the scapegoat and got a whole lot softer. You can add Zherdev to the mix of softies as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
Exactly, they lost Jagr who was the scapegoat and got a whole lot softer. You can add Zherdev to the mix of softies as well.

That's true. He's good though, and they needed someone good to make their roster less boring. But it didn't work. Their roster is boring beyond repair. Gomez, Drury, Roszival, Zherdev, Naslund. They're all good, but none of them are superstars anymore. Interesting that the team's biggest move is a guy we couldn't wait to get rid of in Redden.

Sather should be shot for allowing Lundqvist to fester without a good team in front of him. Crazy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum