GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

WOW..its quiet in HAB land...

+5
Number Twenty Nine
Cronie
TheAvatar
PKC
KaBoominator
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:38 pm

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

Until a hab fan rep comes along i'd like to point out how nice and quiet it is in here. to see a Hab forum un-in-HAB-ited is very rare. unjoy it while it lasts cause i can guarantee the first HAB fan will come in Blazing with how they are winning the cup this year for Roy's retirement and the 100th anniv. Wink Wink Wink

2WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:24 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

They come in blazing about their team all the time.

3WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:29 pm

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

i wish i had a Hab fan in here to discuss the first pre season game... :D :D

4WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:32 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

WhamBamCam wrote:i wish i had a Hab fan in here to discuss the first pre season game... :D :D

Yeah, where's a hab fan when you need one hey ... ? cheers

5WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:33 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

still in shell shock I imagine! LOL

6WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:46 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

didn't Carey Price walk on water the other day?

Price will be the new Raycroft. Book it!

7WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:38 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:didn't Carey Price walk on water the other day?

Price will be the new Raycroft. Book it!

Let's not get carried away here. He'll be anything but a Raycroft.

8WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:10 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I personally believe (and desperately hope) that the Habs bomb this year. They have a pretty strong and deep team, so I can't really see it happening, but I'd absolutely love it. Squash those Habs fans once and for all, on such a momentous year.

All I want for christmas is for the habs record to be 4-26-4

Man...

9WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:36 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Jordo wrote:I personally believe (and desperately hope) that the Habs bomb this year. They have a pretty strong and deep team, so I can't really see it happening, but I'd absolutely love it. Squash those Habs fans once and for all, on such a momentous year.

All I want for christmas is for the habs record to be 4-26-4

Man...

I live east of ottawa but work in Montreal - in the middle of habs territory. From what I hear from them, there's no point playing the play-offs this year. Just hand the habs the cup.

10WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

What about "Jim" Carey Price?

All the Habs fans (at least the obnoxious ones) are all over at HB and they can stay there for all I care. Go figure that after the Sens getting humiliated that it's still not being overwhelmed with taunting.

11WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:50 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah I work in Gatineau and get to hear all the time how this year Montreal will win because it is their 100th anniversary! LOL

The worst part about it, is that we get to hear about this for 2 seasons! as the 100th anniversary isn't actually until next year! Sometime in December 2009... LOL ahh good old Montreal...

Oh well they've been so bad for so long, it's about time they finally do something...

12WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:58 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:Yeah I work in Gatineau and get to hear all the time how this year Montreal will win because it is their 100th anniversary! LOL

The worst part about it, is that we get to hear about this for 2 seasons! as the 100th anniversary isn't actually until next year! Sometime in December 2009... LOL ahh good old Montreal...

Oh well they've been so bad for so long, it's about time they finally do something...
What the heck? So the 100th Anniversary won't happen until NEXT season? Holy crap. Those Habs fans sure talk a lot of crap after being Eastern Conf Champs and getting bounced in the 2nd round last year.

Rolling Eyes

13WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:
smash88 wrote:Yeah I work in Gatineau and get to hear all the time how this year Montreal will win because it is their 100th anniversary! LOL

What the heck? So the 100th Anniversary won't happen until NEXT season? Holy crap. Those Habs fans sure talk a lot of crap after being Eastern Conf Champs and getting bounced in the 2nd round last year.

Rolling Eyes

I think it's funny that after their 2nd rd bounce (and let us not forget they were incredibly close to getting bounced in the 1st) that they still tell us that we can't perform in the playoffs, or are famous for choking in the playoffs.

Seriously, they've quickly replaced Leafs fans in my books- I can't stand the Habs.

14WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:27 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Jordo wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I think it's funny that after their 2nd rd bounce (and let us not forget they were incredibly close to getting bounced in the 1st) that they still tell us that we can't perform in the playoffs, or are famous for choking in the playoffs.

Seriously, they've quickly replaced Leafs fans in my books- I can't stand the Habs.

Nah, at least Habs fans know when to shut up... I went to a Sens-Leafs game 2 years ago when the Sens won 8-2 or 8-3.... Before the game the Leaf fans were taunting us and we were doing it to them too... So the leafs score first, their fans go nuts, one guy is super into it... anyway the period ends 4-1 for the Sens so we got to cheer back.... So then it 7-1 for Ottawa.. Toronto scores, you would have thought they won the stanley cup... It was so funny, they were all up in our faces as if they had just won the game... They had no shame whatsoever, it was comical... There is a difference between a leaf fan and a Habs fan... Habs fans know when their product is no good and they don't stand for it....

15WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Empty Re: WOW..its quiet in HAB land... Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:40 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

smash88 wrote:Nah, at least Habs fans know when to shut up... I went to a Sens-Leafs game 2 years ago when the Sens won 8-2 or 8-3.... Before the game the Leaf fans were taunting us and we were doing it to them too... So the leafs score first, their fans go nuts, one guy is super into it... anyway the period ends 4-1 for the Sens so we got to cheer back.... So then it 7-1 for Ottawa.. Toronto scores, you would have thought they won the stanley cup... It was so funny, they were all up in our faces as if they had just won the game... They had no shame whatsoever, it was comical... There is a difference between a leaf fan and a Habs fan... Habs fans know when their product is no good and they don't stand for it....

This is an EXCELLENT point.

However, with that said- I think the Habs are still horny on their success from last year (looking past the failure of the playoffs). Combined with the fact they made a few decent signings (I really like the addition of Laraque, and also Lang- Tanguay in my opinion is a complete toss-up), they're planning the march.

I just don't think they've considered the fact that perhaps they overachieved last year and rode an incredible momentum into the playoffs, where the high expectations were put on them- and they choked, if you will.

The Habs were calling for the Cup when they won the first two games of the series against Boston. Then what happened, they slid down hill, and narrowly escaped getting bounced from the first round.

Well its alot of the same this year- the case is open, and in my opinion the Habs fans are setting themselves up for some pretty serious disappointment if they think the cup is theirs this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum