GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SPORTSNET: Canucks about to sign Schneider

+3
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/08/24/canucks_schneider/

I thought they had Edler, Bieksa and Salo...but at any rate, this is a PP monster here.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

as long as they are not expecting him to be a minute crunching guy then it is a great idea. While he is slowing down then a #4-6 D man would be perfect role for him

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

That would give them a hell of a PP.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Just to give credit when credit's due:

Eklund has been calling this one for some time now.

rooneypoo wrote:Just to give credit when credit's due:

Hmm. I thought he meant Cory Schneider, but it appears he's still got this year left on his ELC. Must mean Mathieu. I guess he is deserving of some credit. Frustrated2

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

And that makes for 1/3215.

I wonder if this means they know Sundin isn't coming back. I don't know their cap situation off hand, but wouldn't Schneider eat into the Sundin fund? Maybe they feel comfortable giving more ice and a bigger role to guys like Kesler and Burrows who deserve it. There's also Hodgson, who should be on the club this season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's older than Sundin was when they signed him. That worked out not so well. What are the terms? If they gave hims anything ridiculous it's not worth the risk IMO. Would have been better off letting him sit until March. He's averaged 66 games in his last three seasons. A full season is not in the cards.

marakh wrote:

And that makes for 1/3215.

Laughing3

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/08/24/canucks_schneider/

I thought they had Edler, Bieksa and Salo...but at any rate, this is a PP monster here.

On a side note, the Canucks now have 2 Sedins and 2 Schneiders(Cory and Mathieu). Is there another NHL team with 2 pair of players with the same family name?

Maybe Ottawa someday, if we get Denis Wideman and Chris Wideman is on the team(maybe 5+ years), or we obtained Jarkko's brother from Carolina.

What if Ottawa traded our, often quoted as gone, dman, Alex Picard to Columbus. Then cBus would have 2 Alex Picards.

Of course both Washington and Minnesota have a pretty good player by the name of Nick Backstrom.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I thought it was all but official that Sundin is done. He's not playing in the Olympics. Doubt he'd want to play in the NHL -- where would he go to try for a Cup?

wprager wrote:He's older than Sundin was when they signed him. That worked out not so well. What are the terms? If they gave hims anything ridiculous it's not worth the risk IMO. Would have been better off letting him sit until March. He's averaged 66 games in his last three seasons. A full season is not in the cards.

Salo is good for some man games lost, as is Bieksa with his style of play. Maybe between the 3 of them they are hoping for 2 full seasons worth of man games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

jawal wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/08/24/canucks_schneider/

On a side note, the Canucks now have 2 Sedins and 2 Schneiders(Cory and Mathieu). Is there another NHL team with 2 pair of players with the same family name?

Maybe Ottawa someday, if we get Denis Wideman and Chris Wideman is on the team(maybe 5+ years), or we obtained Jarkko's brother from Carolina.

What if Ottawa traded our, often quoted as gone, dman, Alex Picard to Columbus. Then cBus would have 2 Alex Picards.

Of course both Washington and Minnesota have a pretty good player by the name of Nick Backstrom.

One of those Nicks is a Nik.

We've got Jason Smith. Surely there's a few more of those out there. If Mattias Karlsson ever comes back we would have two of those. Wiercioch? Not so much.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well anybody can be lucky sometimes, all that aside, good pick up for the Nucks, I assume to do the duties of the departed Ohlund.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum