GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2

+8
SensGirl11
wprager
LeCaptain
bluewhiteandgolf
beedub
PTFlea
BigRig
Tuk Tuk
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

31GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

We wont get through 17.

because 9 forwards, 4 D, and 2 goalies doesnt equal 17.

32GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:09 pm

Thought it was 6 D, but we wont get through 15 rounds eithers, 76 days, wont even be close.

33GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

We can only hope people start paying attention to their picks. Shrug

34GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14 pm

People have jobs, kids, lives. You can choose to make it a 10-11 round draft or it wont work. Up to you.6-4-1, thats what it should be, if not, this is going to be a waste of everyones time.

35GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:15 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Was there a decision made about us making lists to make this go faster?

36GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:17 pm

If 75% of the forwards in the league are drafted, a list would be useless. People would literally have to make a list of every forward in the league, in order of their preferance.

37GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:18 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Fair enough, even more of a waste of time indeed.

38GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:19 pm

If it doesnt turn into a 10-11 round draft, just count me out. Not gonna waste my time on something that has no chance of working.

39GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:22 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

so we have people quitting if we change it, and people quitting if we leave it as what you signed up for Facepalm

40GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

feel free to send me a list for each round, that'd be great if you choose to.

41GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:24 pm

It WONT WORK with 15 rounds. less then 2 months to the regular season and it took 5-6 days to get through 1 round. Do the math. People can either quit and everyone else can enjoy it with something that will work, or people (like me) will quit and not waste their time on something that wont work.

42GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:25 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

if people quit either way we're screwed.

43GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Who is going to quit if we pick 6 forwards instead of 9? That's just stupid. People can call me out on this right now and I'll give you every reason why its just moronic to have 9 forwards with 21 people in a fantasy draft. 2 goales is also not the best thing to have, 10 people will end up with backups.

44GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:32 pm

You knew what you signed up for. 9F, 4D and 2G.

If you didn't like it, why did you sign up? I am in multiple leagues, with the majority of them being 12F, 6D, 2G with 4 utility spots. Sure it isn't a 20 team league (or 21???, I question that decision as well), but adding up the sum of players from each league, this pool is small.

You didn't have to sign up if you didn't like the rules.

I thank TuK Tuk for organizing a pool like this. His own free time and probably his own money to set up the league through a pool manager (Officepools.com?).

I knew the rules going in, and am glad he didn't change them mid-draft. That would be ludicrous after some people had already put their draft strategy in motion.

You want to quit, in my opinion, see ya. We don't want your negative attitude in this pool (or on this site) as a matter of fact. The players you picked are 3rd rounders at best anyway, so they will go back in the draft and someone will pick them with their 4th selection where they belong anyway.

Rant over!

Thanks Tuk Tuk for starting this with rules set in place and sticking to them.

45GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:36 pm

Awesome rant, guess what? It's impossible to get a 15 round draft done, online, posting on blogs, with 21 people. Before the season actually starts.

I'll exercise COMMON SENSE! What happens first? Heatley gets traded or this draft is complete.

46GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:40 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm not gonna quit at all, I just wanted to see how this could go a little quicker.

47GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:44 pm

Side note: For the 21 people in this draft, it is maintainence free once your team is complete. So pick your team over the next month, get it over with and then sick back and watch them play. It is a turn-key pool. I thank Tuk Tuk once again for starting it. You won't see me Dung on him. I have respect.

Who really cares if it goes 1 week into the season. If you want to pick Jeremy Yablonski because he got 3 points in his first 2 games, you can have him.

48GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:45 pm

I wont quit either, because I will screw it up if I bail. That being said, moving it to 6 forwards and 1 goaltender wont change a thing! Unless people are under the impression Mike Greir is going to be the difference in this draft, then it's stupid to have this many rounds.

I dont mind if it's slow, I care if it doesnt get done by the time the puck drops.

Put it to a vote and see who comes out on top. First one with 11 votes, we'll go with that. Common sense will rule the day here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum