GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2

+8
SensGirl11
wprager
LeCaptain
bluewhiteandgolf
beedub
PTFlea
BigRig
Tuk Tuk
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

136GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:33 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I think Howie's away for the week end.

137GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:12 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah, I seem to remember him saying that too.

138GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:42 pm

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

I guess we'll have to resume on Monday

139GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:11 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

HEre
http://www.gmhockey.com/gm-central-sim-league-f3/detroit-red-wings-howie-s-corner-t3013-30.htm

140GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Facepalm Howie should have given his next-10 or so.

141GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:03 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

We motored through the last round. Even starting back up on Monday, I bet we're done round 3 by Thursday.

142GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well' we are not quite done. So we started round 1 on a Sunday and we will start round 3 on a Monday. That's 8 days for 2 rounds or 60 days (from last Sunday) for all 15. Yes, there were several spurts where we got faster but, overall, it still took pretty much 4 days for each of the first two rounds. In other words, we did not get faster.

While I'm still not at all comfortable with sending pre-ranked lists of some 20 players for an entire round, you cannot argue that preparing lists of 3-5 players isn't helping things move along.

So what I am going to do is, right around the time that Tuk Tuk makes his picks, I'll send a list of my next 5 to SpezDispenser. I suggest others think about doing something similar. There are a number of "players" who are around quite a bit (myself, SD, Tuk, etc.) and when your pick is within 3-5 of one of these people, you can send them a pre-ranked list. Ideally you would want to send the list to someone who *already* made their pick in this round. Of course this is not always possible. Be prepared for a situation where you send a list of 5 players, and one of them is taken by the person you PMd the list. Don't worry -- if the guy stole your sleeper pick from your recommendation, hockey karma will probably break the player's ankle or something.

143GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:14 pm

wprager wrote:Well' we are not quite done. So we started round 1 on a Sunday and we will start round 3 on a Monday. That's 8 days for 2 rounds or 60 days (from last Sunday) for all 15. Yes, there were several spurts where we got faster but, overall, it still took pretty much 4 days for each of the first two rounds. In other words, we did not get faster.

While I'm still not at all comfortable with sending pre-ranked lists of some 20 players for an entire round, you cannot argue that preparing lists of 3-5 players isn't helping things move along.

So what I am going to do is, right around the time that Tuk Tuk makes his picks, I'll send a list of my next 5 to SpezDispenser. I suggest others think about doing something similar. There are a number of "players" who are around quite a bit (myself, SD, Tuk, etc.) and when your pick is within 3-5 of one of these people, you can send them a pre-ranked list. Ideally you would want to send the list to someone who *already* made their pick in this round. Of course this is not always possible. Be prepared for a situation where you send a list of 5 players, and one of them is taken by the person you PMd the list. Don't worry -- if the guy stole your sleeper pick from your recommendation, hockey karma will probably break the player's ankle or something.

why not just get everyone to log in say Wednesday night at 7PM and finish everything in the chatroom. Just make sure that its basically enough in advance to let everyone know and make it n a random week night because most work during the day in the week and need to take care of stuff over the weekend.

my two cents..

144GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, I've got 4 kids and my evenings are pretty much all shot. Soccer three times a week, music 2 nights, Oxford learning center 2-3 times. Hockey starts up soon.

145GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Paging Howie Morenz! Where are you!

146GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:44 am

Bump

147GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:25 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Are we sure Howie was not off longer than the weekend?

148GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:33 pm

beedub wrote:Are we sure Howie was not off longer than the weekend?

I thought he mentioned being away "next week".

149GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:34 pm

Wow, why would he enter this pool?

Either way, Tuk will do the right thing.

150GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't mind picking for him. He's a Hab fan, so, umm, let me see -- the Kostitsyn sisters.

151GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Laughing3

I think Tuk has a rule in place that deals with someone not picking for 48 hours.

152GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

if he`s not on by 5pm, he picks the top scoring players from last year who havent been picked yet.

153GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 2 Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I believe that's Mike Fisher and Matt Stajan Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum