GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hockeyfest '09

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hockeyfest '09 Empty Hockeyfest '09 Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:51 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Just got this e-mail from the FOL newsletter:

"To help kick off the LA Kings Hockey 2009 Hockey Season, Eddie will be performing an acoustic set at the Nokia Theatre on Friday, August 28th. Individual day Hockey Fest tickets are available for $37 via Ticketmaster. You can also purchase three day Hockey Fest tickets for $60 via Ticketmaster, which allows admittance into all LA Kings Hockey Fest ’09 events for the weekend."

That's Ed Kowalczyk of the band LIVE. Wish other teams had festivals for their season kick off. Good for the Kings showing this support.

2Hockeyfest '09 Empty Re: Hockeyfest '09 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:53 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Wow that's awesome. I've seen Live twice, and both times they've blown me away. I liked their music, but after seeing their live performance- it's pretty impressive. Notably- this year at Bluesfest, when Busta Rhymes showed up over an hour late for his set, then kept playing when Live was supposed to come on. Live stepped onto stage after Busta was cut out and said "Thank you Busta Rhymes, for getting the F*ck off of the stage!" hahaha it was fantastic.

But yes, good for the Kings. I love where their team is going, and they seem to be doing all the right things to attract fans. They don't really need to do these things in Canada because everyone is hyped up already, but they should do it anyway- it would make for a fantastic day- and a great opportunity to raise money for charity.

3Hockeyfest '09 Empty Re: Hockeyfest '09 Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Haha that's awesome! Wish I had been able to see their show this year. I saw them last year they were at BluesFest and it was great. Also saw them open for Nickelback which was nothing compared to the BF show.

The Kings have one of the best, if not THE best, young teams loaded with rich prospects. It's amazing how much richer they keep getting year after year - you gotta think they are due to make it far, though every year they finish near the bottom they just keep loading up with top prospects.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum