GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

A-Train, Kovalev invited to Russian Olympic Team orientation camp

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Team Russia released its Olympic orientation camp roster, which inlcudes Anton Volchenkov and , of course, Alex Kovalev.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olyhockey/news/story?id=4374679&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

Congrats to A-Train.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cool. Anton! We love you. Ahhhhh!

i actually like RUSSIA potential roster...although it would never happen imagine a Kovalchuck-Malkin-Ovechkin line....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Blazer wrote:i actually like RUSSIA potential roster...although it would never happen imagine a Kovalchuck-Malkin-Ovechkin line....

I've been seriously thinking of getting a team Russia jersey -- I left back in '73 when they still had those awful CCCP ones, but what they've got now is quite sharp with the imperial eagle. Plus they went back to using the old National Anthem (just changed the words) -- I always thought that was the best one around, with O Canada a pretty close second.

So, where could I get a VOlchenkov Team Russia jersey for a decent price?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Tovarich Prager! Vot...

http://www.prorussianjerseys.com/pro.html

Vnutri, ty krasni?

:####:

Na zdarovye!

wprager wrote:
Blazer wrote:i actually like RUSSIA potential roster...although it would never happen imagine a Kovalchuck-Malkin-Ovechkin line....

I've been seriously thinking of getting a team Russia jersey -- I left back in '73 when they still had those awful CCCP ones, but what they've got now is quite sharp with the imperial eagle. Plus they went back to using the old National Anthem (just changed the words) -- I always thought that was the best one around, with O Canada a pretty close second.

So, where could I get a VOlchenkov Team Russia jersey for a decent price?

There's no doubt in my mind that Russia's national anthem DESTROYS any other in the world. It gives me chills.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Tovarich Prager! Vot...

http://www.prorussianjerseys.com/pro.html

Vnutri, ty krasni?

Na zdarovye!

Красный белый и синий!

Checked the link. The 199 and 2006 national team jerseys have the biggest emblem on the front. $75 is not a bad price, but really don't know the quality of the material. I saw jerseys at the Pro Hockey Life store at the Centrum. Prices were semi-decent. Maybe a few more direct hints to my wife, since my birthday is coming up. Smile

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

nah nah nah... go team sweden! did Alfie get the call up? i'd imagine so...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's the words so you can all sing along:

Россия — священная наша держава,
Россия — любимая наша страна.
Могучая воля, великая слава —
Твоё достоянье на все времена!

(chorus)
Славься, Отечество наше свободное
Братских народов союз вековой
Предками данная мудрость народная!
Славься, страна! Мы гордимся тобой!

От южных морей до полярного края
Раскинулись наши леса и поля
Одна ты на свете! Одна ты такая —
Хранимая Богом родная земля!

Широкий простор для мечты и для жизни
Грядущие нам открывают года.
Нам силу даёт наша верность Отчизне.
Так было, так есть и так будет всегда!

Hmm, frankly, the "original" (not the Stalin version but what they sing in Hunt for Red October) had very powerful lyrics. Too bad they were "Soviet" and not "Russian".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a tune familiar to everyone (Kalinka) -- the chorus is often played by the organist during breaks in play. Hear it again for the first time done by the inimitable Red Army Choir.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Here's a tune familiar to everyone (Kalinka) -- the chorus is often played by the organist during breaks in play. Hear it again for the first time done by the inimitable Red Army Choir.

I saw the Red Army Choir perform this at their Christmas Concert in Vienna...what an incredible group of singers.

PS Prags> give that Russian Jerseys site a call...I've ordered from them and the quality is good. I have a Konstantinov CSKA jersey from them.

Za Rodina!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:Here's a tune familiar to everyone (Kalinka) -- the chorus is often played by the organist during breaks in play. Hear it again for the first time done by the inimitable Red Army Choir.

I saw the Red Army Choir perform this at their Christmas Concert in Vienna...what an incredible group of singers.

PS Prags> give that Russian Jerseys site a call...I've ordered from them and the quality is good. I have a Konstantinov CSKA jersey from them.

Za Rodina!

Wow, impressive. Now, if you say you've ever seen this guy perform in person, then I will be really impressed:

This has got to be my favorite Vysotski song. I'd heard of him when I was still there, but he was still underground at that point. First I heard him was when this song was used in White Nights. Very powerful scene.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Prager> Vystotskii, not...but of course I know his music.

How about Grebenshikov and Akvarium?

Congrats to both guys. A-Train will be counted on to shutdown the likes of Crosby, Getzlaf, etc. I wonder how they will partner him with.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Tovarich Prager! Do you believe the Russian team will dominate at the Olympics?

A-Train, Kovalev invited to Russian Olympic Team orientation camp 13560110

Inquiring hockey minds wish to know your view on this question...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum