GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solvakia routs Bulgaria in Women's International Hockey

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

BRATISLAVA, Slovakia (AP)—With more goals than minutes in the game, Slovakia’s
women’s ice hockey team claimed an amazing 82-0 victory over Bulgaria in Olympic
qualifying.
Slovakia outshot the Bulgarians 139-0 during the 60-minute game, played in
Latvia. The margin of victory is a record for a women’s International Ice Hockey
Federation-sanctioned event.
“We took it as training,” Slovakia coach Miroslav Karafiat said after
Saturday’s game.
Janka Culikova led Slovakia with 10 goals, while Martina Velickova scored
nine. Fourteen different players scored at least one goal.
Slovakia, which also beat Croatia, Latvia and Italy, advanced to another
qualifying group with Germany, Kazakhstan and France. The winner will secure a
spot at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.

Bulgaria was eliminated after scoring one goal and giving up conceding 192
in the tournament.
The Slovakian men’s team clinched its biggest ever victory against the
Bulgarians 14 years ago when they won 20-0.

Attributed to Yahoo! Sports

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AsiXPBGQiBnhtQaHEfHB1VEJfwM6?slug=ap-hockeyrout&prov=ap&type=lgns

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah. I heard them talking about it on the Team1200. Apparently Bulgaria pulled there goalie after the 80th goal or something.

- Unknown Author

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Yeah. I heard them talking about it on the Team1200. Apparently Bulgaria pulled there goalie after the 80th goal or something.
They apparently were going for the world record which was 92-0 or something like that.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know who to be more perturbed with - The Bulgarians for bothering or for the people in charge for allowing them to enter this competition. They clearly weren't even close to being competitive enough.

- Unknown Author

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I don't know who to be more perturbed with - The Bulgarians for bothering or for the people in charge for allowing them to enter this competition. They clearly weren't even close to being competitive enough.
Well there's not much competition out there and how else do they get better or know where they stand.

LOL! I guess they know now.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know how they would do it but you'd think being humiliated by a far superior team wouldn't be the best way to go about getting better nor would it be the best way to see where you stand. Who knows maybe that was a thrill for them? LOL.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy crap. That...unbelievable. I can't even get to that on my PS2 NHL 08.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum