GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ek Rumour so take it for what you will...

+8
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
LeCaptain
asq2
beerandsens
Urkie
Jordo
rooneypoo
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:This is a rumor that actually even makes sense. Whether people want to believe it or not, the Blue Jackets are a franchise headed towards perennial playoff appearances. They just signed their superstar captain to an 8 year extension, they have one of the best young goaltenders in the world, and they have oodles of elite prospects coming up to go with what seems like a great mix of veterans and role players...plus they have one of the best coaches in the NHL.

That's a team that's big time on the upswing, and Heatley is familiar with both Nash and Vermette as well as Wang. I don't think this rumour can be that easily dismissed.

Couple all that information with the fact that Howson could be looking for another gamebreaker to play with Nash to put them over the top in a TOUGH division, plus the insane amount of cap space they have with few roster spots left to fill and you could be looking at a PERFECT match for these two teams.

If CLB was going to make this kind of move for anyone, it should have been Pronger or someone of that ilk. That team needs a #1 D more than just about anyone in the league -- and, yes, even more so than they need a Heatley.

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:This is a rumor that actually even makes sense. Whether people want to believe it or not, the Blue Jackets are a franchise headed towards perennial playoff appearances. They just signed their superstar captain to an 8 year extension, they have one of the best young goaltenders in the world, and they have oodles of elite prospects coming up to go with what seems like a great mix of veterans and role players...plus they have one of the best coaches in the NHL.

That's a team that's big time on the upswing, and Heatley is familiar with Wang. I don't think this rumour can be that easily dismissed.

Couple all that information with the fact that Howson could be looking for another gamebreaker to play with Nash to put them over the top in a TOUGH division, plus the insane amount of cap space they have with few roster spots left to fill and you could be looking at a PERFECT match for these two teams.

Laughing3

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Also, our friend K. Lee is reporting that he heard the Columbus rumor and the return would most likely be Huselius, Brassard and Filatov.

That seems like almost too much for Heatley after what Edmonton offered.

No shot in hell that the return is that. If it is I would assume A Train would be going the other way as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:No shot in hell that the return is that. If it is I would assume A Train would be going the other way as well.

Deal!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Also, our friend K. Lee is reporting that he heard the Columbus rumor and the return would most likely be Huselius, Brassard and Filatov.

That seems like almost too much for Heatley after what Edmonton offered.

I agree...

But following up on my last comments: there's a team that could use Heatley + Lee/Picard.

Maybe

Heatley + Picard/Lee for Filatov + Huselius + junk

Having TWO Alex Picards on one team might be too much to resist.

:pirat:

Im totally convinced that this CBJ stuff is total and utter BS. It doesnt make sense for them to do this...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Im totally convinced that this CBJ stuff is total and utter BS. It doesnt make sense for them to do this...

Umm why not? They are in a ridiculously tough division and have a chance to take advantage of the fact that Nashville and St Louis stood pat and Detroit lost Hossa and Samuelsson.

They need to work on their blueline in a big way. They have nothing back there, if someone like A Train was going the other way, then ya, it would make more sense.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I can't see them wanting Picard. If they got him, they'd have two Alexandre Picard. It's difficult enough trying to find out about just one on tsn.ca.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:They need to work on their blueline in a big way. They have nothing back there, if someone like A Train was going the other way, then ya, it would make more sense.

They still made the playoffs with the blueline they have right now. I think adding a Dany Heatley is a must for them. Not only does it give Nash another star player to play with, but it also helps take the pressure off of him to do everything offensively himself.

Plus, I don't know how many top defensemen are on the market right now, because it seems like everyone could use one.

Heatley would help any team, but CLB def needs help on their blueline more than anything.

Anyways, I this is apparently being shot down everywhere that is legit.

Id rather have Falitov, Brassard then Heatley. So would most GM's.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Maybe

Heatley + Picard/Lee for Filatov + Huselius + junk

Having TWO Alex Picards on one team might be too much to resist.

:pirat:

Modin, probably.

But then the BJs aren't gaining a whole lot of offence (and losing Filatov).

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Heatley would help any team, but CLB def needs help on their blueline more than anything.

I can't imagine it would be both Brassard and Filatov.

Shouldnt be either. Those 2 are going to be part of that core for a long time. Howson has done a nice job there thus far, he wont screw it up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Im totally convinced that this CBJ stuff is total and utter BS. It doesnt make sense for them to do this...

I think it's legit, but I maintain that Murray will not want to pull the trigger on it. Heatley's just became all the more valuable to us. :^^^^: (idiot)

But...if it does, I can totally see:

Heatley + Smith

for

Filatov/Voracek and Huselius

And that to me, is a sexy trade.

I just dont see Clb being that stupid. Unless Nash is just begging for him then it will not happen.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Heatley would help any team, but CLB def needs help on their blueline more than anything.

Yeah, strangely enough, CLB needs help at every position other than wing (OK, and G too). D first, C second.

What if our offer is Heatley + Smith + Picard/Lee? Still not enough D help?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum