GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rate Them so Far - Who's the Winners and Losers of July 1st?

+9
Acrobat
PKC
The Silfer Server
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Cronie wrote:Big Bird(Bert) in a sens uni would be AWESOME.

Is it just me, or am I the only one that feels (and is being told by some friends/sources) that if Heatley sets foot once again in that dressing room, a cancerous presence is being too kind and mild...

He HAS to leave. NO ONE in Ottawa locker room will welcome him back with open arms. Not to mention, Melnyk is putting up a good front/show for the public, but make no mistake, he is almost having a stroke at Heatley's antics. The mere sight of him disgusts Uncle Eugene... Heatley will gone, the only question is when...

He's here until he's not.

Did anyone get a whiff of the Kovalev signing? I remember discussing Kovalev yesterday or the day before, and wondering if the Sens could grab him, seeing as he was not wanted in Montreal. I thought it was a little ridiculous so I never put it down in a post. Yet here we are.

I don't think anyone knows what Murray is going to do. Maybe not even Murray himself. It would not surprise me in the least if Heatley is not moved before the season begins. I am fairly certain he doesn't end the season here, but I would not be surprised if he starts here. Now, if he sits out, bonus -- as in get that bonus back and his salary as well. If not, then we have two game breakers to build a nice, safe lead out of the gat, let Alfie rest up for the playoffs. If Heatley is gone at the deadline, no problem. If we cannot get past the first or second round without him, we could not get out of the East with him. Wait 1-2 years until Cowen and Wiercioch are both here and then we can compete with the big boys.

Senschirp had the news up at 3:26pm today, if that counts. Of course, just about every major hockey source had it before 4pm.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beerandsens wrote:The Sens win so far with the Kovalev signing. The term is what makes it sexy for me.

Exactly. The term is incredible. If this guy has signed for 4 years, he would have taken 4 million, but because it's for such a short time, he gets a million more. That's fine, with all the long term contracts being tossed around, I'm good in walking away in two years (unless Kovy wants to finish out his career here).

We paid a little extra for the term of this deal. It was very smart.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
He's here until he's not.

Did anyone get a whiff of the Kovalev signing? I remember discussing Kovalev yesterday or the day before, and wondering if the Sens could grab him, seeing as he was not wanted in Montreal. I thought it was a little ridiculous so I never put it down in a post. Yet here we are.

I don't think anyone knows what Murray is going to do. Maybe not even Murray himself. It would not surprise me in the least if Heatley is not moved before the season begins. I am fairly certain he doesn't end the season here, but I would not be surprised if he starts here. Now, if he sits out, bonus -- as in get that bonus back and his salary as well. If not, then we have two game breakers to build a nice, safe lead out of the gat, let Alfie rest up for the playoffs. If Heatley is gone at the deadline, no problem. If we cannot get past the first or second round without him, we could not get out of the East with him. Wait 1-2 years until Cowen and Wiercioch are both here and then we can compete with the big boys.

There were a few of us bantering around the Big 3 from Montreal. We all wanted Tanguay, but that's basically because we didn't think AK would sign here. Marah I believe was one guy who was discussing it with. Then a while back there was more talk about 'what if' scenarios. Kovalev's name was tossed around again - and it was pretty favourable.

This is a nice move.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Big Bird(Bert) in a sens uni would be AWESOME.

Is it just me, or am I the only one that feels (and is being told by some friends/sources) that if Heatley sets foot once again in that dressing room, a cancerous presence is being too kind and mild...

He HAS to leave. NO ONE in Ottawa locker room will welcome him back with open arms. Not to mention, Melnyk is putting up a good front/show for the public, but make no mistake, he is almost having a stroke at Heatley's antics. The mere sight of him disgusts Uncle Eugene... Heatley will gone, the only question is when...

I dunno...we would score goals by the bushel full with Heatley around. Unless a GREAT trade comes up, I bet he stays. Smile

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

you may be right Spez. And I just recently posted in the Kovy signs thread, if Heatley's recent antics were just missteps on the part of bad advice from his 'agents', AND he's able to prove that he isn't a spoiled little brat, I LOVE what he brings to the table, assuming he a) still can bring it and b)he's actually motivated to or WANTS to perform well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:you may be right Spez. And I just recently posted in the Kovy signs thread, if Heatley's recent antics were just missteps on the part of bad advice from his 'agents', AND he's able to prove that he isn't a spoiled little brat, I LOVE what he brings to the table, assuming he a) still can bring it and b)he's actually motivated to or WANTS to perform well.

If he doesn't perform well - then Spezza takes his spot in the Olympics. You think Heatley wants that? 120 points, 68 goals. cool) (I kid, but he'd be motivated).

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I just absolutely love this Diddle Kovalev signing...if we can flip Heatley into a top 6 forward, a top prospect (or two) and a first round pick next year, and then pick up Bertuzzi while moving out the dead weight, I don't hesitate to say that the Sens are a top 8 team in the league.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
beerandsens wrote:The Sens win so far with the Kovalev signing. The term is what makes it sexy for me.

It's a good move, but it's still just *a* move. Let's see what (if anything) we can do if we trade Heatley. I would still like to see Bertuzzi here if he can be had for $2M.

Murray came out of left field with this signing as well, but yeah, he still needs to get Heatley out, get a decent return, Big Bert would be one piece Murray should be talking to, hopefully less than 2 M, but well, won't be too picky, is he worth Neil Money? wait, Is Neil worth Neil money?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm warming to the idea of Bertuzzi actually. Especially with Burke and the Toronto Goon Squad. Bringing in Kovalev boosts our size a bit and bringing in Big Bert makes us even bigger up front.

Yes I know we're not all about beating the Leafs but we also have Philly getting bigger and nastier with Pronger.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm warming to the idea of Bertuzzi actually. Especially with Burke and the Toronto Goon Squad. Bringing in Kovalev boosts our size a bit and bringing in Big Bert makes us even bigger up front.

Yes I know we're not all about beating the Leafs but we also have Philly getting bigger and nastier with Pronger.

true enough, Big Bert for us would be a bit of self preservation, need him to police it a bit so a guy like Ryan Shannon gets whaled on by Pronger or Orr.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum