GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Neil interviewed on Team 1200 radio

+6
asq2
The Silfer Server
jamvan
TeamRenzo
wprager
davetherave
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Chris Neil interviewed on Team 1200 radio Empty Chris Neil interviewed on Team 1200 radio Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:02 am

Just wondering what was said?

Thanks guys for keeping me updated on my favorite team.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Basically Chris said he was happy to stay in Ottawa...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Basically Chris said he was happy to stay in Ottawa...

$2M ^&&*%! He'd better be happy.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:Basically Chris said he was happy to stay in Ottawa...

$2M ^&&*%! He'd better be happy.

He left a lot of money on the table to be a Senator, now he has to play his Donkey off for the next four years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As I read elsewhere, nobody should be using a (rumoured) Glen Sather offer as a measuring stick for what's a good contract. Maybe Murray didn't want the Rangers to spend $2.3M that they could have spent on trading for Heatley. I'm not saying Neil is not a valuable player, nor that he's not worth keeping as a great character guy/team player. If you could combine Kelly's hockey aumen with Neil's other abilities, perhaps put all of that into a Schubert body, then we would have someone worth $2.5M. Neil scored 3 goals and earned too many single-ticket passes to the sin bin. While he deserved his $1.1M contract that year he got into double-digits, how could he have earned nearly double that after the last season?

Character still costs money, and at this point Ottawa needs all of it they can get. The fact he turned down that extra cash, which over a 4 year period is well over 1 mil, with the Heatley situation speaks very highly of him.

I can't imagine having a million dollars let alone turning it down. Neil stayed in a piss poor situation, took less money to try and help The Sens. Im ok with the 2 mil because there really isnt anyone else worth giving that money to at this point and more than likely for the next few years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Are we sure, though, that the rumored $2.3M offer is legit? I find that hard to believe after some of the recent signings.

I dont, Schudari got 3.4 mil a year. I have no doubt people would have paid for a guy who can play a regular shift, get in on the forcheck hard, pop in the odd goal, and is a great team guy.

Neil is defently someone NYR needed after losing Orr. Neil is a good hockey player who can play a certain type of role Ottawa is going to need more than ever this year. He will be a big part of holding things together on and off the ice this year. 2 mil is a lot but he is probably worth it to The Sens at this point.

You might se his production go up a bit being we have absolutly no one else to put on the 2nd PP unit and stand in front of the net.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:I dont, Schudari got 3.4 mil a year. I have no doubt people would have paid for a guy who can play a regular shift, get in on the forcheck hard, pop in the odd goal, and is a great team guy.

Neil is defently someone NYR needed after losing Orr. Neil is a good hockey player who can play a certain type of role Ottawa is going to need more than ever this year. He will be a big part of holding things together on and off the ice this year. 2 mil is a lot but he is probably worth it to The Sens at this point.

You might se his production go up a bit being we have absolutly no one else to put on the 2nd PP unit and stand in front of the net.
Yep, there's no doubting we overpaid, but one thing Neil is; is loyal. I didn't really want to pay for Neil to be honest, but now that he's signed. He will be a bargain in a year or two.

Murray has done such a great job in locking up guys, then F$&@head goes and pulls this crap. I went to see the young kids and I tell you, this Karlsson kid has some real nice hands. Hands that remind me of a young Zhamnov. I really think this kid is going to be the real deal. Other standouts were Regin, Weirechoch and the swedish goalie. Man he's big and pretty quick.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Jam, what did you think of that Silfverberg guy? I've never seen him play, and really only ever heard of him when we drafted him. How was he live?

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Bass Destruction wrote:Jam, what did you think of that Silfverberg guy? I've never seen him play, and really only ever heard of him when we drafted him. How was he live?
To be honest, I didn't even notice him; nor did I look for him. He's definitely a few years away from what i hear though.

One guy I forgot to mention was Zach Smith as well. Looks like a man with boys; he just continues to get better.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Good to hear. Hopefully we'll be patient with Silfverberg, he and Lehner should both, realistically, make Sweden's World Junior team. I can't wait for that, should be an interesting tournament for Sens fans. And hopefully with Keller, Brodeur and St Pierre, Bingo will do well this year.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:Good to hear. Hopefully we'll be patient with Silfverberg, he and Lehner should both, realistically, make Sweden's World Junior team. I can't wait for that, should be an interesting tournament for Sens fans. And hopefully with Keller, Brodeur and St Pierre, Bingo will do well this year.

We could have Karlsson, Petersson, Lehner and Silfverberg on Team Sweden. Some pretty solid Sens content there.

Cowen and Wiercioch are both strong contenders to play a really prominent role for Team Canada.

jamvan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I dont, Schudari got 3.4 mil a year. I have no doubt people would have paid for a guy who can play a regular shift, get in on the forcheck hard, pop in the odd goal, and is a great team guy.

Yep, there's no doubting we overpaid, but one thing Neil is; is loyal. I didn't really want to pay for Neil to be honest, but now that he's signed. He will be a bargain in a year or two.

Murray has done such a great job in locking up guys, then F$&@head goes and pulls this crap. I went to see the young kids and I tell you, this Karlsson kid has some real nice hands. Hands that remind me of a young Zhamnov. I really think this kid is going to be the real deal. Other standouts were Regin, Weirechoch and the swedish goalie. Man he's big and pretty quick.

If Karlsson had a physical handicap he would still be better than 1/2 the players on the ice because of how high his hockey IQ is. In all seriousness, as skilled as he is its secondary to how smart the guy is on the ice. I was amazed watching him compete at the highest level.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:Good to hear. Hopefully we'll be patient with Silfverberg, he and Lehner should both, realistically, make Sweden's World Junior team. I can't wait for that, should be an interesting tournament for Sens fans. And hopefully with Keller, Brodeur and St Pierre, Bingo will do well this year.

We could have Karlsson, Petersson, Lehner and Silfverberg on Team Sweden. Some pretty solid Sens content there.

Cowen and Wiercioch are both strong contenders to play a really prominent role for Team Canada.

That's going to be a pretty sick tournament. Maybe even get wind of future Senator John McFarland. I'd love to say future Senator Taylor Hall, but i'm trying to be a little more realistic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum