GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Kill Bill" star found hanged in Bangkok

+2
SensFan71
wprager
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Kill Bill" star found hanged in Bangkok Empty "Kill Bill" star found hanged in Bangkok Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2009/06/04/9675066-ap.html

He was in Thailand to shoot a movie. Sad, I used to watch the original "Kung Fu" series all the time. RIP.

BANGKOK (AP) -- Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series
"Kung Fu" who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been
found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok. A news report said he was
found hanged in his hotel room and was believed to have committed
suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed
the death of the 72-year-old actor. He said the embassy was informed by
Thai authorities that Carradine died either late Wednesday or early
Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration
for his family.

"Kill Bill" star found hanged in Bangkok Invisible

fctAdTag("bigbox",MyGenericTagVar,1);

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wow this is tremendously sad, didn't even know he was having per se issues, was a huge fan of the Kung Fu series, even if a lot of my friend said it was cheesy.

Bummer

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Damn, that's such a shame. He was so good in Kill Bill - and I know that Tarantino wanted to use him again.

What a shame. I would guess that he'd been diagnosed with a terminal disease and didn't want to go through it, but we'll find out eventually I'm sure.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I always thought he was a bon-vivant. A lot of drugs, booze and women but all in good fun. A real shocker to me.

Starred in my all-time favourite Chuck Norris flick "Lone Wolf McQuade".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:wow this is tremendously sad, didn't even know he was having per se issues, was a huge fan of the Kung Fu series, even if a lot of my friend said it was cheesy.

Are you talking about the original one from the '70s or the more recent one, "...the Adventure Continues" or something like that. The title, for sure, was cheesy.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:wow this is tremendously sad, didn't even know he was having per se issues, was a huge fan of the Kung Fu series, even if a lot of my friend said it was cheesy.

Are you talking about the original one from the '70s or the more recent one, "...the Adventure Continues" or something like that. The title, for sure, was cheesy.

I remember the adventure continues actually, I should have been accurate, I wasn't born for the original series lol.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sad news.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:I always thought he was a bon-vivant. A lot of drugs, booze and women but all in good fun. A real shocker to me.

Starred in my all-time favourite Chuck Norris flick "Lone Wolf McQuade".

At the end of the article I quoted they mention an interview:

In the 2004 interview, Carradine talked candidly about his past
boozing and narcotics use, but said he had put all that behind him and
stuck to coffee and cigarettes.

"I didn't like the way I looked, for one thing. You're kind
of out of control emotionally when you drink that much. I was quicker
to anger."

"You're probably witnessing the last time I will ever answer
those questions," Carradine said. "Because this is a regeneration. It
is a renaissance. It is the start of a new career for me.

"It's time to do nothing but look forward."
Checkin IMDB, he is in *6* movies that are in post-producion to be released this year, and was in one that was in pre-production. That one was not being filmed in Thailand, though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:

I remember the adventure continues actually, I should have been accurate, I wasn't born for the original series lol.

Then head on over to your local Wal*Mart where you can probably grab the S1 DVDs for peanuts.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Very sad. What a shame. He will be missed.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

He's in both. Bruce Lee was cast in the original but his english wasn't good enough. Great show.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

He's in both. Bruce Lee was cast in the original but his english wasn't good enough. Great show.

I knew he was in both. Never watched the second one but caught a few seconds here and there. Always wondered how they explained him not aging very much in nearly 200 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum