GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for The Maple Leafs?

+17
mattshock
spader
Jordo
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PKC
PTFlea
asq2
Mariposa Belle
shabbs
ScotLoucks
SensFan71
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Hayden
beedub
davetherave
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

196What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:38 am

CCgotITcovered wrote:wtf is biasm?

French for facts.

197What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:39 am

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

CCgotITcovered wrote:
mickbud wrote:
sidstu wrote:no use argiung with people that biased--bottom line burke won a cup in anaheim--sure BM did a lot for that to happen but he closed the deal

now Komisarick--he had a great game, N4L--i did watch the game, I watch hockey every night--the difference is i don't let biasm interfer with facts--i'm not even a leaf fan but I have total confidence in BBs abilities---how many cups has BM won as GM for the sens--BM is a good manager as far as I'm concerned but if any of you say BB is not a good GM than how can you BM is good--talk about biasm at its best

I don't think any of us have used this so called biasm you speak of, nor have we been biased. You haven't exactly used any facts in explaining how Komisarek had a great game either, we've been using FACTS to explain our arguments

Never argued with a HAbs fan before, huh? What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 455378

Hahaha I tend to stay away from arguing with people, but i'm sick and tired of people praising Brian Burke, and a Habs fan praising him is just, well, I don't even know what to call that...I'm not sure his fellow fans would agree with him on this one, but he clearly has a hatred on for all things ottawa senators, including us

198What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:42 am

mickbud wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:
mickbud wrote:
sidstu wrote:no use argiung with people that biased--bottom line burke won a cup in anaheim--sure BM did a lot for that to happen but he closed the deal

now Komisarick--he had a great game, N4L--i did watch the game, I watch hockey every night--the difference is i don't let biasm interfer with facts--i'm not even a leaf fan but I have total confidence in BBs abilities---how many cups has BM won as GM for the sens--BM is a good manager as far as I'm concerned but if any of you say BB is not a good GM than how can you BM is good--talk about biasm at its best

I don't think any of us have used this so called biasm you speak of, nor have we been biased. You haven't exactly used any facts in explaining how Komisarek had a great game either, we've been using FACTS to explain our arguments

Never argued with a HAbs fan before, huh? What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 455378

Hahaha I tend to stay away from arguing with people, but i'm sick and tired of people praising Brian Burke, and a Habs fan praising him is just, well, I don't even know what to call that...I'm not sure his fellow fans would agree with him on this one, but he clearly has a hatred on for all things ottawa senators, including us

Well what do you know---I have a hatred on for all things montreal canadiens, including him What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 455378
What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 668437

Its a little weird, but Burke has done good things for the short-term of that team. I don't agree with N4L at all when he says that the Leafs are worse today than they were a year ago. Doesn't mean I think he's a good GM, but meh What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 42360

199What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:45 am

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

Well what do you know---I have a hatred on for all things montreal canadiens, including him What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 455378
What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 668437

Its a little weird, but Burke has done good things for the short-term of that team. I don't agree with N4L at all when he says that the Leafs are worse today than they were a year ago. Doesn't mean I think he's a good GM, but meh What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 42360[/quote]

No I definitely wouldn't say they are a worse team today, but you have to admit, almost every single one of his moves has been vastly overrated

200What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:47 am

Last year The Leafs or even in June, The Leafs were on the right track. Even picking up college players to fill out the roster was a nice move, but signing those D men that really wont add anything IMO and giving up those picks for a guy that wont be playing a game until Nov this year and giving him huge money.

Who can The Leafs add from here on out with the money they committed?
How are they a better team then last year? Everyone else in The East got better as well... so in comparisson they are not better.

Screwed now and the future, good job Burke. Couldnt be happier you're the GM in Toronto.

201What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:51 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

MIckburd--go see a psychiatrist b/c you are in la la l;and--where do you get that i hate the sens--i might no agree on certain things but i don't hate--they are not my team but i don't hate them.

CCTgotitcovered--you must be a kid so i won't argue with you

N4L--Komiserick--watch the highlights b/c he was all over them being praised by reporters on TSN--he fought, his pinch helpted TO tie the game, let alone the number of hits--he was on the ice steady--give me your stats on why he had a bad game

202What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:53 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

N4L--yeah are so right--i wish i knew hockey like you--the sens are great--last year and the year before what great seasons they had--the sens are going to win the cup this year---

203What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:55 am

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

sidstu wrote:MIckburd--go see a psychiatrist b/c you are in la la l;and--where do you get that i hate the sens--i might no agree on certain things but i don't hate--they are not my team but i don't hate them.

CCTgotitcovered--you must be a kid so i won't argue with you

N4L--Komiserick--watch the highlights b/c he was all over them being praised by reporters on TSN--he fought, his pinch helpted TO tie the game, let alone the number of hits--he was on the ice steady--give me your stats on why he had a bad game

Hmmm...didn't know someone saying you hated a hockey team was required to see a psychiatrist

204What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:57 am

N4L wrote:Who got Anahiem to the finals first? Burke or Murray... oh ya, that's right.

You can't really argue that Burke did all that much in Anaheim. Go down the list:

- Giguere and Mcdonald was there before he was.
- Perry and Getzlaf were drafted before he got there.
- Kunitz and Penner were signed before he got there.
- Pahlsson and R.Nieds were there before he got there.

Burke brought in Moen, Pronger, Selanne, S.Nieds, Beauchemin, O'Donnell, O'Brien, and a 4th line that never played.

On the surface that looks damn impressive. Dig deeper and its not nearly as impressive.

-The Pronger trade was a joke.
- Nieds joined Nieds.
- Selanne came back home.

That leaves Moen, Beauchemin, O'Donnell, O'Brien and a 4th line. Try winning a championship with that.

He wasn't as bad as some want to make him out to be, but his rep for leaving a mess behind is well deserved. He definitely isn't this great GM these Leafers and know-nothings want to make him out to be.

One thing he seems to have done well is the drafting and subsequent patience in developing Bobby Ryan. As of right now, it looks like he may have made a good selection, despite all the initial question marks.

205What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:00 pm

wtf is biasm?

206What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:01 pm

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

Ya I'm still confused about that one...should I see a psychiatrist about that?

207What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:02 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

MIckburd---nice one--but i don't why you are confusing a different opinion with hating a team--i'm the biggest critic of the habs right now and they are my favorite team

Brian Burke moves are overrated at times b/c people love him as a GM so he can't do no wrong--just watch how kessel plays in TO--thekid is 22 years old and he already scored 36 goals--he can a top ten player easily

208What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:02 pm

mickbud wrote:

Ya I'm still confused about that one...should I see a psychiatrist about that?

I don't know...I'm just a kid What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 807786

209What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:04 pm

sidstu wrote:MIckburd---nice one--but i don't why you are confusing a different opinion with hating a team--i'm the biggest critic of the habs right now and they are my favorite team

Brian Burke moves are overrated at times b/c people love him as a GM so he can't do no wrong--just watch how kessel plays in TO--thekid is 22 years old and he already scored 36 goals--he can a top ten player easily

Why can't people see the gaping flaws in that logic?

And why do you keep adding a "r" to "mickbud?" Is it because he's not ur bud?

What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 807786

210What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:05 pm

wtf is biasm?

211What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:05 pm

What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 807786

212What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sidstu - Saying we're biased and not producing an argument for why you say Burke is one of the best GMs in the league is not an argument backing up your statement. Calling us biased and saying he has a Cup so there you go he's great isn't an argument either. At least CCgotitcovered spelled it out for us as to how he assembled a team that won the Cup. You could build an argument off of that.

- Unknown Author

213What's Next for The Maple Leafs? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's Next for The Maple Leafs? Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:34 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Sigh.... After I post this, I may have to do some self-evaluation, as I am sounding more and more like a Maple Leaf fan.

Whether Burke comes out a genius or a goat will come down to:

1. Bozak, Hansen, Gustafsson. Are they players, or did they translate media hype into a one-way contract. If they turn out to be players, Burke is a genius. He can now afford to pay out the Donkey to acquire Kessel.

2. Kessel. Will he find chemistry with new linemates. If he comes back in December, and manages to pot 25 to 30 goals, advantage Burke. He needed scoring and got it with Kessel

3. Kaberle / Beauchemin / Komisarek / Exelby / they will either form a formidable blue line, joining Schenn, White and co. or they'll flop. IMO they don't flop, and pound the living Dung out of the forwards of other clubs

4. Toskala. Contract year for ol' Vesa, so I expect he'll return to form.

Leafy ones are a playoff team, and if all of Burke's transactions bear fruit, a good one.

Burke's legacy will be he had the stones to make some bold, I repeat BOLD moves, that will either catch fire and cement him as a premiere GM, or explode in his face, returning the Leafs to obscurity and basement dwellers.

Let's face facts. Burke was hired because he does have a good reputation. You may hate him, laugh at him, but ........well he's the GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs, unlike any of us

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum