GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Centennial Habs

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Centennial Habs Empty Centennial Habs Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:14 pm

Big year for the habs, in more ways than one.
This of course being the 100th anniversery of Montreal, there's alot of festivities surrounding the team.
They're of course, hosting the all star game, the entry draft.. and even potentially playing at the big O for an outside game pending betteman permission.
In any case, here's my take on the lineup:

Forwards:
Line 1: Rw: Alex Kovalev - C: Tomas Plekanec - Lw: Andrei Kostitsyn
Line 2: Rw: Tom Kostopoulos - C: Saku Koivu - Lw: Alex Tanguay
Line 3: Rw: Guillaume Latendresse - C: Chris Higgins - Lw: Sergei Kostitsyn
Line 4: Rw: George Laraque - C: Maxim Lapierre - Lw: Steve Begin

Reserve: C: Kyle Chipchura - Lw: Greg Stewart

Defensive Parings:
Andrei Markov - Mike Komisarek
Josh Gorges - Ryan O'Byrne
Roman Hamrlik - Mathieu Dandenault
Francis Bouillon - Patrice "I can't hold onto the puck" Brisebois

Goaltending:
Carey Price
Jaroslav Halak
Marc Denis

Halak and Denis, i think, will end up doing a rotation down to Hamilton unless Price drops the ball.

So yea, hats off to the '07-09 season and good luck.

2Centennial Habs Empty Re: Centennial Habs Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice to have your fresh perspective. Not only is it a big year because it's the 100th but also if they don't get it done this year it will be the first decade in which the Habs haven't won a Cup. I don't know about anyone else but that little tidbit makes me wonder if that'll help push the Habs, along with the experience from last year and the makeup of the team as well of course.

- Unknown Author

3Centennial Habs Empty Re: Centennial Habs Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:31 pm

I'm sure retiring #33 is all the motivation these guys need... Rolling Eyes

4Centennial Habs Empty Re: Centennial Habs Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:58 pm

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

You see Higgins in a third line center role this year?

5Centennial Habs Empty Re: Centennial Habs Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

furiousgreg wrote:I'm sure retiring #33 is all the motivation these guys need... Rolling Eyes

I wasn't trying to stir anything up. I actually think there's something to the fact that they need to win this season in order to keep that stat of at least a cup in each decade alive. and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Habs win a cup this season. Considering they weren't supposed to win in 93 I don't see why it couldn't happen this season as well.

- Unknown Author

6Centennial Habs Empty Re: Centennial Habs Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:11 pm

WhamBamCam wrote:You see Higgins in a third line center role this year?

Is he a third line center? No.. Will have have to be? Probably.. it's either that or or the guy who sweeps behind the bench Razz

7Centennial Habs Empty Re: Centennial Habs Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:12 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
furiousgreg wrote:I'm sure retiring #33 is all the motivation these guys need... Rolling Eyes

I wasn't trying to stir anything up. I actually think there's something to the fact that they need to win this season in order to keep that stat of at least a cup in each decade alive. and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Habs win a cup this season. Considering they weren't supposed to win in 93 I don't see why it couldn't happen this season as well.

No, i know. I just like to be cautiously optimistic.. it's like saying "shut out" during the last 2 minutes of the game Smile

8Centennial Habs Empty Re: Centennial Habs Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

furiousgreg wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

No, i know. I just like to be cautiously optimistic.. it's like saying "shut out" during the last 2 minutes of the game Smile

Good point. My bad. Not intended as a jinx. :cyclops:

- Unknown Author

9Centennial Habs Empty Re: Centennial Habs Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:47 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

furiousgreg wrote:Big year for the habs, in more ways than one.
This of course being the 100th anniversery of Montreal, there's alot of festivities surrounding the team.
They're of course, hosting the all star game, the entry draft.. and even potentially playing at the big O for an outside game pending betteman permission.
In any case, here's my take on the lineup:

Forwards:
Line 1: Rw: Alex Kovalev - C: Tomas Plekanec - Lw: Andrei Kostitsyn
Line 2: Rw: Tom Kostopoulos - C: Saku Koivu - Lw: Alex Tanguay
Line 3: Rw: Guillaume Latendresse - C: Chris Higgins - Lw: Sergei Kostitsyn
Line 4: Rw: George Laraque - C: Maxim Lapierre - Lw: Steve Begin

Reserve: C: Kyle Chipchura - Lw: Greg Stewart

Defensive Parings:
Andrei Markov - Mike Komisarek
Josh Gorges - Ryan O'Byrne
Roman Hamrlik - Mathieu Dandenault
Francis Bouillon - Patrice "I can't hold onto the puck" Brisebois

Goaltending:
Carey Price
Jaroslav Halak
Marc Denis

Halak and Denis, i think, will end up doing a rotation down to Hamilton unless Price drops the ball.

So yea, hats off to the '07-09 season and good luck.

If Tom Kostopolous is anywhere near the 2nd line, I'll fall off my chair. One of Higgins or the younger Kostitysn has to be up there, no? I mean, Kostopolous is a career 3rd/4th line checker/grinder...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum