GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Pittsburgh Penguins at Washington Capitals, Monday, May 4, 2009, 7pm ET

+7
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
SensGirl11
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

pgood

Rookie
Rookie

davetherave wrote:UN. BELIEVABLE. THE SID AND OVIE SHOW.

if those two keep going blow for blow this series it'll make answering the already impossible question of who is better even more impossible to answer...

technically, I think Ovie is winning the battle right now by virtue of being up 2-0

and on another note, you have to hand it to Sid who it seems always finds a way to bring his game to another level, the tougher things get... he's already scored more goals in 7 games in this years playoffs than he scored during last years cup run...

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

pitts is going to need to get malkin moving sometime soon i think that will be the key to the pp clicking

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Washington's Russians are getting it done. Pittsburgh's, not so much. Gonchar is supposed to be the PP quarterback, and that's not going anywhere. Then the winner is scored on his watch as well. And why is Malkin even dressing if he's not going to play? Contrast this to the Ovechkin/Varlamov show.

Could some of it also be on Bylsma? Ovechkin had 12 shots on goal; the next highest Cap was Kozlov, with 4. Stop Ovechkin and your chances of winning go up dramatically. Maybe home ice will let him match lines better.

He's got to do something about Malkin, though. He averaged 1:06 per shift. That's 8 seconds longer than Crosby and 5 seconds longer than Ovechkin. And Ovechkin's average is probably inflated from his 2 minute PP shifts. Bench his a$$, already.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:I hope you're right Shabbs. I'm definitely going for the Caps in this series.
Was I right or was I right?

Yeah, I was right.

Wink

Heh heh.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What an amazing game that was!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow. I'm still in shock over that one. Ovechkin makes it look so simple.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum