GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for the Sharks?

+8
PKC
strachattack
LeCaptain
PTFlea
davetherave
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:20 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:
Robby, you are right again on this, but is Marleau really the problem?

Yes.

He was one of about 5 serious issues, but by far the biggest.

504H, who were the leading goal getters for San Jose in the playoffs?

Who had the best plus-minus on the team in that series?

No one. They all failed. :D:

17What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:21 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Most goals was a whopping 2: By Boyle and Marleau

Best plus minus was: Cheechoo with a...plus 1.

Egads. :****:

18What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:57 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Most goals was a whopping 2: By Boyle and Marleau

Precisely...the failure is shared by all.

It's easy to put it on Marleau...but his mates didn't exactly help him out.

19What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:00 pm

Marleau is still the worst captain in the NHL IMO.

20What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:25 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Marleau is still the worst captain in the NHL IMO.

Worse than...the unnamed Captain of the Leafs? LOL

21What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:27 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Marleau is still the worst captain in the NHL IMO.

Worse than...the unnamed Captain of the Leafs? LOL

does anyone want that designation? I hear its a career killer BagoverHead

22What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:39 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I actually agree with Neely that Marleau should not be captain of the Sharks...Dan Boyle deserves that C.

23What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:25 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

still his responsability to motivate the others. I am not in the locker room so I dont know about his leadership, but the fact that you notice Niedermayer everytime he is on the ice and not Marleau when he is is a bit concerning.

24What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:31 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
davetherave wrote:

still his responsability to motivate the others. I am not in the locker room so I dont know about his leadership, but the fact that you notice Niedermayer everytime he is on the ice and not Marleau when he is is a bit concerning.

As I said, maybe Marleau's not the guy who should wear the C.

Dan Boyle, IMHO a better choice.

25What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:32 pm

The whole team Dung the bed. Where was the secondary scoring from Michalek, Clowe, Setoguchi, Cheechoo, or Pavelski? Where was the scoring from Thorton or Marleau? Nabokov was straight up outplayed by Hiller and they couldn't match a D with Pronger, Neidermeyer, Beauchemin, Wisniewski, and Whitney.

I would be expecting big changes in SJ in the offseason. This should have been the year they got the 800 lb gorilla off their backs. This season should be considered a failure, despite the President's trophy. A story way too familiar to us Sens fans. Crying

26What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:46 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

What I find fascinating is that everyone talks about the Sharks 'choking' and no one talks about the Flames' almost identical series of first round exits.

:KJK:

27What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:47 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

I was listening to Bill Waters on my ride home. He was going on about how SJ MUST trade Thornton. He said that he was discussing trade partners with Dreger and they agreed that Ottawa would provide the best partner. Except he added that it would be - for the most part - a straight swap of Spezza and Heatley to SJ for Thornton and Marleau. He continued by saying it would be an equal trade of under achievers in hopes each duo would excel under new team banners. He said it would be a simple trade and the numbers work out perfectly. He wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

His confidence in such a trade infuriated me. I don't know about you guys but I would HATE this trade. At times I haven't been a big fan of Spezza or Heatley but I wouldn't trade them for the sake of trading them. Especially for not two players that could be considered even worse underachievers than Spezza and Heatley. I fail to see how Ottawa is any further ahead by making this move.

28What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:50 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

strachattack wrote:I was listening to Bill Waters on my ride home. He was going on about how SJ MUST trade Thornton. He said that he was discussing trade partners with Dreger and they agreed that Ottawa would provide the best partner. Except he added that it would be - for the most part - a straight swap of Spezza and Heatley to SJ for Thornton and Marleau. He continued by saying it would be an equal trade of under achievers in hopes each duo would excel under new team banners. He said it would be a simple trade and the numbers work out perfectly. He wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

His confidence in such a trade infuriated me. I don't know about you guys but I would HATE this trade. At times I haven't been a big fan of Spezza or Heatley but I wouldn't trade them for the sake of trading them. Especially for not two players that could be considered even worse underachievers than Spezza and Heatley. I fail to see how Ottawa is any further ahead by making this move.

Watters and Dreger are card carrying members of Toronto's Hockey Media Mafia...did you actually expect something intelligent and insightful from them?

:^^^^:

29What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:55 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

davetherave wrote:
strachattack wrote:I was listening to Bill Waters on my ride home. He was going on about how SJ MUST trade Thornton. He said that he was discussing trade partners with Dreger and they agreed that Ottawa would provide the best partner. Except he added that it would be - for the most part - a straight swap of Spezza and Heatley to SJ for Thornton and Marleau. He continued by saying it would be an equal trade of under achievers in hopes each duo would excel under new team banners. He said it would be a simple trade and the numbers work out perfectly. He wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Watters and Dreger are card carrying members of Toronto's Hockey Media Mafia...did you actually expect something intelligent and insightful from them?

:^^^^:

Good point! I usually don't but it was his arrogance in thinking that this was a slam dunk for Ottawa to consider. Despite Spezza and Heater's failings they have proven they can produce in the playoffs. Obviously, the jury is still out on Thornton and Marleau. Bah! Waters! 🇬🇬

30What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:00 pm

I will never pick San Jose in a playoff pool again lol Never!

31What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:06 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

HowieMorenz wrote:I will never pick San Jose in a playoff pool again lol Never!

:^^^^: I said the same thing today. Until they actually win a cup I will NEVER pick them or any of their players in a pool. I've been burned too many times.

32What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:19 pm

usually you can rely on them to make it to the second round though.

33What's Next for the Sharks? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next for the Sharks? Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:37 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Most interesting offseason coming up, possibly in league history.

Montreal Canadiens -- bust
Calgary Flames -- bust
San Jose Sharks -- big bust
Toronto Maple Leafs -- rebuilding
Ottawa Senators -- fringe team
Tampa Bay Lightning -- last offseason might be an indication
Minnesota -- possible new direction
Edmonton Oilers -- bust
Dallas Stars -- bust
Colorado Avalanche -- massive rebuild

Enjoy the fireworks this offseason guys, there is going to be plenty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum