GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

And the Winner of the Vezina is

+3
PKC
caissie_1
SensFan71
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1And the Winner of the Vezina is Empty And the Winner of the Vezina is Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:39 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

one of the 3 mentioned below:

THOMAS, MASON, BACKSTROM FINALISTS FOR VEZINA TROPHY

NEW YORK - Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins, Niklas Backstrom of the Minnesota Wild and rookie Steve Mason of the Columbus Blue Jackets are the finalists for the Vezina Trophy as the NHL's top goaltender.

The winner is to be announced June 18 at the NHL awards show in Las Vegas.

Thomas led the NHL with a 2.10 goals-against average and a .933 save percentage for the Eastern Conference-leading Bruins.

Backstrom had a 2.33 GAA and a .923 save percentage while playing in 17 more games than Thomas.

Mason had a 2.29 GAA and a .916 save percentage. He is also a finalist for the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year.

The last goalie to win the Vezina and the Calder in the same year was Ed Belfour in 1991.

2And the Winner of the Vezina is Empty Re: And the Winner of the Vezina is Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Hard luck Thomas should get it. If not, then I believe Mason should.

3And the Winner of the Vezina is Empty Re: And the Winner of the Vezina is Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:51 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Thomas will get it... Maybe Mason!

4And the Winner of the Vezina is Empty Re: And the Winner of the Vezina is Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:55 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I think Steve Mason should win it. His stats are phenomenal...

5And the Winner of the Vezina is Empty Re: And the Winner of the Vezina is Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Coin-toss between Mason and Thomas in my view (in no particular order either).

6And the Winner of the Vezina is Empty Re: And the Winner of the Vezina is Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:58 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Wow. Talk about a tough call.

Mason certainly didn't have the defensive support Thomas did...but I guess we can expect Mason gets the Calder and T2 gets the Vezi.

7And the Winner of the Vezina is Empty Re: And the Winner of the Vezina is Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's how I see it as well DTR. Mason will be viewed as too young and will get the Calder and T squared will get the Vezina. If Mason's competition was ho hum then maybe we see him win both Calder and Vezina though.

- Unknown Author

8And the Winner of the Vezina is Empty Re: And the Winner of the Vezina is Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Lundqvist got screwed out of a nomination. BAckstrom? Really? The most over rated goalie in the league now? That Backstrom?

I would say its a coin flip between Thomas and Mason, but Thomas gets the nod.

9And the Winner of the Vezina is Empty Re: And the Winner of the Vezina is Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle, I cannot believe Lundqvist got screwed out of a Vezina nomination. Wow.

Nabokov had comparable numbers as well. That one is a true left fielder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum