GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GMHockey - Come back Kid

+6
wprager
davetherave
pgood
PTFlea
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:30 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:Spezza had a goal and two assists today.

Mr Spezza will have a distinguished career in the Swiss League...

Well, so far, he's proven himself for the Belorus league Smile

Comrade Spezarovsky will enjoy Minsk LOL

17GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:44 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ever been to Minsk? My aunt lived there. Went there for her wedding. Plus I'd visited my grandparents in Molodechno (about 50 miles away) many times.

18GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:46 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Ever been to Minsk? My aunt lived there. Went there for her wedding. Plus I'd visited my grandparents in Molodechno (about 50 miles away) many times.

As you might know, I lived in Poland for many years, but only made it as far east along the highway towards Belarus, as Bialystok. (BTW did spend time in Moscow and Vilnius)

Wanted to go to Minsk though...still might.

Going to Helsinki in October...not far away.

19GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Didn't even know Bialystok is a town; I'd always thought of it as the Zero Mostel character's name in The Producers. Man, I love that movie. "Springtime for Hitler" LOL

20GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:02 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Didn't even know Bialystok is a town; I'd always thought of it as the Zero Mostel character's name in The Producers. Man, I love that movie. "Springtime for Hitler" LOL

Bialystok is indeed, and in fact a real city right on the Poland-Belarus border. Lovely drive from Warszawa.

'The Producers'...what a brilliant film by Brooks.

21GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've got to watch it now. My kids enjoyed It's a Mad, Mad, Mad. Mad World, maybe they'll like this one (well, at least the older ones -- the six-year-olds are more into Barbie and Tinkerbell).

22GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:13 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I've got to watch it now. My kids enjoyed It's a Mad, Mad, Mad. Mad World, maybe they'll like this one (well, at least the older ones -- the six-year-olds are more into Barbie and Tinkerbell).

Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World...the underrated Stanley Kramer I believe.

Your kids might like The Great Race with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon...with Peter Falk and the delicious Natasha Wood. I know Natalie revved my motor even as a young'un.
:D:

23GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:I've got to watch it now. My kids enjoyed It's a Mad, Mad, Mad. Mad World, maybe they'll like this one (well, at least the older ones -- the six-year-olds are more into Barbie and Tinkerbell).

Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World...the underrated Stanley Kramer I believe.

Your kids might like The Great Race with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon...with Peter Falk and the delicious Natasha Wood. I know Natalie revved my motor even as a young'un.
:D:

They had it on TV a couple of years back and they saw most of it. I'd seen both when I was young, but Mad was the funniest American movie I'd ever seen. At least at the time.

Ever see any Luis de Funes movies back in the late '60s, early '70s? He was probably relatively unknown in Hollywood, but back in Soviet Russia we got few Hollywood movies, but lots of European movies. East German westerns starring a Yugoslavian-born as The Indian. Gojko Mitic -- there's a name from the past. Just checked imdb.com and the guy's still alive and still acting. I thought he'd be surely dead by now. Anyhow, I digress. We got quite a few French movies and some UK ones. I saw The Hunchback of Notre Dame (original) as a 9 year old What the heck was my dad thinking? Also The Lion in Winter and Cromwell. Not exactly The Sponge Bob Movie.

24GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:02 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I LOVE Louis De Funes.

Cinema in the USSR was replete with genius.

I have a decent collection of those classics of Soviet cinema on VHS and DVD.

You don't remember Vasili Shukshin by any chance, do you?

25GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:12 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Marleau and Elias are possibles here, though Marleau isn't exactly tearing it up in the playoffs right now.

26GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
As you might know, I lived in Poland for many years, but only made it as far east along the highway towards Belarus, as Bialystok. (BTW did spend time in Moscow and Vilnius)

Are you James Bond? And if so, can you slip into one of your off shore accounts and give me/lend me a couple of million dollars? Sarcasm

27GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Marleau and Elias are possibles here, though Marleau isn't exactly tearing it up in the playoffs right now.

Both excellent choices - especially Elias.

28GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:03 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Are you James Bond? And if so, can you slip into one of your off shore accounts and give me/lend me a couple of million dollars? Sarcasm

Darn it, that's what I get for being the world's most famous secret agent LOL

29GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:13 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Marleau and Elias are possibles here, though Marleau isn't exactly tearing it up in the playoffs right now.

To be fair we should base it on regular season I think. We can have a seperate set of awards for playoffs.

- Unknown Author

30GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:26 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Forget the millions of dollars, could you lend me a bond girl or two for awhile? Laughing3

31GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:57 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Forget the millions of dollars, could you lend me a bond girl or two for awhile? Laughing3

Blonde, brunette or redhead? LOL

32GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:06 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Blonde, brunette or redhead? LOL

I will take one of each kind sir Laughing3

33GMHockey - Come back Kid - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Come back Kid Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:10 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I was unsure of who to name here. right up until I read DTR's selection of Havlat.

After the piss pour seasons he has had due to injury, to see what he is accomplishing this year, yup, that's a comeback for sure

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum