GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy

+4
SensFan71
davetherave
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Bobby Orr trophy goes to the most gifted Offensive D man. Place the name you are nominating in here and a brief description why you nominate that person.

- Unknown Author

2GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mike Green. This category might be a slam dunk to be dead honest.

3GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:24 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Bobby Orr trophy goes to the most gifted Offensive D man. Place the name you are nominating in here and a brief description why you nominate that person.

Is there a Bobby Orr Trophy in the NHL?

Bobby Orr Trophy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bobby Orr Trophy is the championship trophy of the Eastern Conference of the Ontario Hockey League, named in honour of Bobby Orr. The corresponding trophy of the OHL Western Conference is the Wayne Gretzky Trophy. It was first awarded in 1999. The award is given to the playoff champions of the Eastern Conference.

4GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:25 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Andrei Markov had more points than these two, but the two names I included have more impact on the game

D Scott Niedermayer ANA 82 14 45 59 -8 9 0 2 70 178 7.87 26:55
D Nicklas Lidstrom DET 78 16 43 59 31 10 0 4 30 180 8.89 24:49

5GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Bobby Orr trophy goes to the most gifted Offensive D man. Place the name you are nominating in here and a brief description why you nominate that person.

Is there a Bobby Orr Trophy in the NHL?

Bobby Orr Trophy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bobby Orr Trophy is the championship trophy of the Eastern Conference of the Ontario Hockey League, named in honour of Bobby Orr. The corresponding trophy of the OHL Western Conference is the Wayne Gretzky Trophy. It was first awarded in 1999. The award is given to the playoff champions of the Eastern Conference.

No there isn't but there is in GMHockey. This is one award that many of us felt should be in place and we can do what we want in here Smile

- Unknown Author

6GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Green easy DOH!

7GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:16 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Haven't seen enough of Green.

Markov is actually more impressive if you consider he's the leading scorer for his team.

In terms of pure offensive ability though, nobody IMHO comes close to Scott Niedermayer. Watch him especially in the series against the Sharks...he is a thoroughly dangerous attacker.

From the times I have seen Green he hasn't come close to what Nieds does--numbers notwithstanding--in terms of ability to change a game.

If we're going to have a theoretical 'Bobby Orr Trophy', Nieds comes closest to the criteria Orr set.

8GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How about the criteria that Cap'n set? I'd have to give it to Green, hands down. He set a new record, for cryin' out loud.

9GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:29 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:How about the criteria that Cap'n set? I'd have to give it to Green, hands down. He set a new record, for cryin' out loud.

Are we picking according to the criteria set by Captain Clutch?

"the most gifted Offensive D man" were his words I think...

I'd say Scott Niedermayer exemplifies that description...

...but then as I said previously, I haven't seen much of Green and I don't believe in giving an opinion when I don't know what I'm talking about LOL.

10GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:How about the criteria that Cap'n set? I'd have to give it to Green, hands down. He set a new record, for cryin' out loud.

Are we picking according to the criteria set by Captain Clutch?

"the most gifted Offensive D man" were his words I think...

I'd say Scott Niedermayer exemplifies that description...

...but then as I said previously, I haven't seen much of Green and I don't believe in giving an opinion when I don't know what I'm talking about LOL.

Good catch DTR. I chose those words carefully because I didn't want it based purely on STATS.

- Unknown Author

11GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Niedermayer is not as good now as he used to be. Green is not as good yet as he's going to be. At this point in time, though, for this, one season, I'd have to give it to Green.

12GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:59 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Niedermayer is not as good now as he used to be. Green is not as good yet as he's going to be. At this point in time, though, for this, one season, I'd have to give it to Green.

To be fair in your selection, have you watched both of them play enough times in the regular season to make that judgement?

I can't speak for Green, but Niedermayer looks to be playing as well as he ever has, and that's going back to his days in Jersey.

13GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:10 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Green obviously wins this, but he's so close to a 4th winger that it's almost hard for me to call him a defenceman.

Andrei Markov comes 2nd IMO.

14GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:29 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Green obviously wins this, but he's so close to a 4th winger that it's almost hard for me to call him a defenceman.

No consideration of Scott Niedermayer or Brian Rafalski?

15GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Empty Re: GMHockey - Bobby Orr Trophy Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:Green obviously wins this, but he's so close to a 4th winger that it's almost hard for me to call him a defenceman.

No consideration of Scott Niedermayer or Brian Rafalski?

They're there, but they're not there for me.

I wouldn't argue against giving them the title though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum